Skip to main content

Has anyone purchased any good bargains lately???

More
15 years 1 day ago - 15 years 1 day ago #8558 by huppypuppy
G'day all,

This will be interesting for all and sundry! Doesn't have to be vehicles, can be anything - shop bought or bought off eBay!

I was wondering if anyone has got any good bargains lately??? I got the bargain of the year today: a brand new JVC GZ-MS100 Everio S memory camcorder - RRP about $600 - for a paltry $250! Purchased a SDHC memory card which I intended for my camera but it didn't work - that cost $40 - all up total of almost $300! She's just on the charger now - hope to break her in tomorrow!

Joe
Last edit: 15 years 1 day ago by huppypuppy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 day ago #8559 by
what truck did it all fall off !!!! i hope you have strong doors at home Joe as the long arm of the law might come banging soon. ;D ;D. Dave

More
15 years 1 day ago #8560 by huppypuppy

what truck did it all fall off !!!! i hope you have strong doors at home Joe as the long arm of the law might come banging soon. ;D ;D. Dave

Dave,

Last of the model to be sold - there's no more of them made so Target was ordered to cut the price to well below cost to make way for the new GZ-MS120!

Joe

More
15 years 6 hours ago - 14 years 11 months ago #8561 by GM Diesel
I picked up a drivable bargain thats more fun than a camcorder.. :)
A 1972 LKT 141 Scania. Dont know what im going to do with it coz it wont be welcome at the all American day and wont fit in at the all pommy day... :(
Maybe I can find an MAN to play with.
Goes surprizingly good for an 1800 buck plus a carton of cans truck.
Its got the early 400 hp V8 and a ten speed girls box.
Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
15 years 6 hours ago - 15 years 6 hours ago #8562 by huppypuppy

I picked up a drivable bargain thats more fun than a camcorder.. :)
A 1972 LKT 141 Scania. Dont know what im going to do with it coz it wont be welcome at the all American day and wont fit in at the all pommy day... :(
Maybe I can find an MAN to play with.
Goes surprizingly good for an 1800 buck plus a carton of cans truck.
Its got the early 400 hp V8 and a ten speed girls box.
Basil

Basil,

It'll look smick onece the Kitto treatment gets given! Is that one of the early 1 Series trucks???

Joe

PS: Just added the extra [ to the [/img] part - somehow it got omitted!
Last edit: 15 years 6 hours ago by huppypuppy.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #8563 by Andy Wright

PS: Just added the extra [ to the [/img] part - somehow it got omitted!

I can do better than that. :-P

See Baz's post now. Looks a good banger, Baz. Reckon she sounds alright too.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
14 years 11 months ago #8564 by IHScout
Well I picked a pretty good bargain on Monday - a house in Canberra. We are moving up there because the handbrake got herself a speccy job there. It wasn't cheap, but we are claiming the world record for house shopping having arrived in Canberra from Melburne at 4.30pm and made an offer on the house we purchased by 5.15pm. Offer accepted by 6.30pm. Once I was sure there was room for trucks, I was sold. The handbrake liked the view, so we were done. Moving up in early July. Now if only the moving was going to be so easy. :-/
More pics at (no trucks or sheds to look at though)
www.allhomes.com.au/ah/ah0073?slid=167307088

Dennis

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 11 months ago #8565 by Swishy

IHScout
GuddayM8

As they say ' Strike while the irons hot'

Q: Is it tru things can B a lot cheaper in the capital as there aint no state taxes etc eg; Fuel, booze n smokes

House l@@ks good
but dunno if u shoulda put up the address tho
unless U got a good lok on the beer fridge
cos U might get all the riff raff drop n on yar

LOL

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 11 months ago #8566 by IHScout
Swishy, everything in Canberra costs more than anywhere else on account of the fact that no-one makes anything in Canberra (except hot air) and everything has to be bought in by truck!!! We all know that truck drivers are bijillionaires because they charge so much to carry our freight ;D ;D ;D

All riff-raff will be welcome provided they put as much into the beer fridge as they take out.

Dennis

More
14 years 11 months ago #8567 by Andy Wright
Hi Dennis

Congrats, mate. I've been eyeing off jobs in Canberra of late but don't want to leave down here. I'd kill to be able to visit the Australian War Memorial on a regular basis though.

We should be up there for a book launch at the AWM in early July (no firm plans yet). Quite possible we'll drive up (station wagon) so the car boot is available if you need the space for stuff. We might be doing a decent amount of travelling in that area soon too so let us know if our 'freight service' might be of any use.

Will the Acco be 'volunteering'?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds