Skip to main content

Has anyone purchased any good bargains lately???

More
14 years 11 months ago #8578 by huppypuppy

Does a proper truck wheel spanner that fits my inter for $2.50 count?

G'day Bruce,

Of course! That's what I call a bargain!

Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #8579 by
I dunno if this rates as my best ever bargain .. but I believe it's a pretty good bargain at present. I just bought a new Toshiba laptop today .. at the bargain price of $799.
Now, before anyone jumps down my throat, telling me that laptops are a dime a dozen, and you can get them for $500 or less .. yes, you can .. but there's laptops and laptops, just like there's trucks and would-be trucks .. like the difference between two identical looking trucks .. where ones got a 600HP Cummins, an 18 speed Spicer, and a 55,000 lb back end .. and the other has a 300HP six, a 10 speed, and a 34,000 back end ..

All the el-cheapo laptops have pissy little processors, minimal memory (RAM and Hard Drive) .. and the bare bones of everything.
However, this neat little Toshiba L300 I picked up, has a 2.0GB Core-Duo processor .. 250GB HDD .. 2MB CPU RAM .. 2GB DDRII RAM .. a top class DVD/CD burner .. built-in webcam (stills and movies) .. 15.4" screen .. built-in WiFi .. a card slot that takes all flash cards & memory sticks .. Windows Vista Premium .. 3 months free Norton AV .. and a free 3 month trial of Windows Office Pro ..

This laptop has a RRP of around $1050 .. and plenty of retailers are still asking that kind of $$'s and more. This laptop had a purchase price of $899, and I get $100 cashback off Toshiba .. making it $799.
The next best price I could find anywhere, is at Hardly Normals, and he wants $934 for it .. AFTER cashback .. :(

www.harveynorman.com.au/products/index.p...-06x-laptop-new.html

Now, I've been looking for a laptop for a long time .. and this has to be the best deal I've come across in years. It's a brand new (May 2009) release product, not a runout model .. and I'm pleased as a pig in the proverbial s**t with it ..

The only thing I've had to do, is burn my own Windows Vista recovery discs (it took about an hour to burn the four DVD's). Everything else is loaded on it, and it has a wide range of additional programs such as a U-Lead movie maker program, a heap of Toshiba programs, and no doubt, lots of other useful stuff I haven't even found yet! .. :D

14 years 9 months ago #8580 by
Onetrack,

Thats a bargain :)
Enjoy it.

I'm a bit of a Computer nut and that sounds good.

Cheers

More
14 years 9 months ago #8581 by huppypuppy

I dunno if this rates as my best ever bargain .. but I believe it's a pretty good bargain at present. I just bought a new Toshiba laptop today .. at the bargain price of $799.
Now, before anyone jumps down my throat, telling me that laptops are a dime a dozen, and you can get them for $500 or less .. yes, you can .. but there's laptops and laptops, just like there's trucks and would-be trucks .. like the difference between two identical looking trucks .. where ones got a 600HP Cummins, an 18 speed Spicer, and a 55,000 lb back end .. and the other has a 300HP six, a 10 speed, and a 34,000 back end ..

All the el-cheapo laptops have pissy little processors, minimal memory (RAM and Hard Drive) .. and the bare bones of everything.
However, this neat little Toshiba L300 I picked up, has a 2.0GB Core-Duo processor .. 250GB HDD .. 2MB CPU RAM .. 2GB DDRII RAM .. a top class DVD/CD burner .. built-in webcam (stills and movies) .. 15.4" screen .. built-in WiFi .. a card slot that takes all flash cards & memory sticks .. Windows Vista Premium .. 3 months free Norton AV .. and a free 3 month trial of Windows Office Pro ..

This laptop has a RRP of around $1050 .. and plenty of retailers are still asking that kind of $$'s and more. This laptop had a purchase price of $899, and I get $100 cashback off Toshiba .. making it $799.
The next best price I could find anywhere, is at Hardly Normals, and he wants $934 for it .. AFTER cashback .. :(

www.harveynorman.com.au/products/index.p...-06x-laptop-new.html

Now, I've been looking for a laptop for a long time .. and this has to be the best deal I've come across in years. It's a brand new (May 2009) release product, not a runout model .. and I'm pleased as a pig in the proverbial s**t with it ..

The only thing I've had to do, is burn my own Windows Vista recovery discs (it took about an hour to burn the four DVD's). Everything else is loaded on it, and it has a wide range of additional programs such as a U-Lead movie maker program, a heap of Toshiba programs, and no doubt, lots of other useful stuff I haven't even found yet! .. :D

onetrack,

Now you have the best computer in the world! I have a 3 year old (and now rather obsolete) Toshiba Satellite Pro A120 - this little machine I have is a bloody pearler! Am upgrading to a A300 - similar to your's but a bit different!

Joe

14 years 9 months ago #8582 by
I dont know if these count but at a clearing sale i got 3 very large sawmill blades $ 20-00 I hope to sell them to some mug for much more. Dave ;D

More
14 years 9 months ago #8583 by ianoz
Hi Dave ,send me some info on the saw blades as i have a mate who owns a sawmill.Basicly i guess not knowing alot about them myself but the spindle hole size and the diameter etc etc ian.

More
14 years 9 months ago #8584 by melonreo
hey Dave
looks like a MUG owns them already ;D ;D ;D, if they are no good for cutting i would be interested as a friend of my other 1/2 likes to paint pictures on them,,,,cheers REO

14 years 9 months ago #8585 by
Dave - Ya better check 'em out carefully .. most used sawblades have cracks radiating out around the hole in the centre .. :o .. and that's the reason they're slipped into auctions. One of the problems we have on the left coast now, is that you either have to take full responsibility for the useability of a used item, along with guarantees that it meets all Worksafe requirements, tagging, checks, and whatever else Worksafe inspectors have thought up.
If you can't guarantee that in writing, you have to advise the seller (in writing) that the item/s are only good for scrap. This means that if you sell a sawblade, you have to effectively guarantee it, and take responsibility if it falls apart 6 mths after the buyer has set it up. It makes selling used items that have the potential for injury, very risky, here now.

14 years 9 months ago #8586 by
Dave maybe you need to get Reo to get his other 1/2's friend to paint a picture of the grey ghost on one.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8587 by peter the netherlands

I picked up a drivable bargain thats more fun than a camcorder.. :)
A 1972 LKT 141 Scania. Dont know what im going to do with it coz it wont be welcome at the all American day and wont fit in at the all pommy day... :(
Maybe I can find an MAN to play with.
Goes surprizingly good for an 1800 buck plus a carton of cans truck.
Its got the early 400 hp V8 and a ten speed girls box.
Basil

Hello there,

A question from the Netherlands...
What about this Scania ?
You still own it?
I try fo find a good one in europe for a complete restauration but you cannot find them here....
If anyone have pictures of scania 1-series please show them.....

greetings peter from the netherlands

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds