Western Star brakes poor after break-in

More
10 years 8 months ago #125553 by geoffb
Swishman
Thats exactly correct a little knowledge can be dangerous

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #125554 by To a T
You should try and employ a modern truck driver! Wiyh this modern lot I wouldn't even let them loose with a spanner. I supplied all my trucks with ropes and one threw them straight in the tool box and supplied his own straps,another took 12 months to learn(sort of) to tie a hitch.Bl##dy hell how hard is it to tie a rope between load restaint gates to hold foam in a tautliner. Most wont change a tyre and expect me to get roadservice. Funny how my jacks and wheel braces are now missing.
David

More
10 years 8 months ago #125555 by To a T
Greenie,
You pay above way award,supply new gear,and easy work conditions. What more can you do?
The problem with people today is they want the world and stuff every one else.
Maybe if the big mouth truck stop lawyers see it from the other side, people will have more respect for those willing to have a go and show what they are really capable of!!!!!
You know the old saying-You cannot give statues brains.
David

More
10 years 8 months ago #125556 by Mrsmackpaul
well track happy unlike some other people on here I dont know everything wasnt born knowing everything and will proberly die knowing bugger all. At least you have enough brains to ask and try to learn mind you by some of the replies I am surprised anyone asks for the risk of been ridiculed for asking a simple question. Perhaps some people need to understand that what might be a simple question to someone is only because they already no the answer. Now back to these brakes once you have little bit of an understanding they become a lot simpler which Im sure you no by now. Good luck and keep on asking questions its the only way you will learn. Im trying to think of the saying something like this I think "better off to ask a dumb question and be laughed at than stay dumb" seeya
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 8 months ago #125557 by clarkie383
Well said Paul.
Unlike alot of other comments ::)

10 years 8 months ago #125558 by

Well said Paul.
Unlike alot of other comments ::)

Agreed...

Cheers
RS :)

More
10 years 8 months ago #125559 by Debo
Trackhappy mate, I would suggest that considering what has happened with the truck it'd be a good idea to get a qualified mechanic to have a good look at her after telling him what happened ;)
It would be worth also mentioning to everyone on here that it is ILLEAGLE to do any work on brakes unless you are qualified to do so ::)
Re drivers not knowing how to adjust brakes, one of the best drivers that I had work for me didn't really know how to adjust brakes but if there was something wrong with the truck he would know it well before most and be able to tell ya where it was :) Debo

More
10 years 8 months ago #125560 by greenie
Debo, I too, have heard whisperings that it's illegal to work on brakes, unless your qualified to do so.

Now you state this as a "definate fact", so where, or, what legislation, be it state or federal, has been passed to cover this, please supply a link to that legislation showing this ?

What are the penalties, for anybody who does happen to adjust the brakes, to make the truck safer for ALL road users ?

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
10 years 8 months ago #125561 by Bitsa
G'day TH
It sounds like lil bro has been payin the money to have the star looked after, but he is not getting his money's worth. I'm happy to be wrong, hope i'm wrong , but he may want to have it checked somewhere else .
Cheers
Alistair

1990NKR Isuzu&&1974 D1310 4x4&&195? Chamberlain Dere Backhoe&&743B Bobcat&am

More
10 years 8 months ago #125562 by waynestr
If you follow the law to the nth degree, it is illegal to carry out ANY mechanical repairs, unless you are trade qualified, OR carrying out repairs under the supervision of a suitably qualified tradesman.

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds