Skip to main content

Mazda/Ford 4100 trader are they poop?

More
14 years 7 months ago #14604 by cribotow
turning japanese :D im looking at puting a beaver tail tray on to a Mazda/Ford trader 4100 anyone know much about these things i know they are 4+6cyl diesels and have 5x2 trannies have heard they are bit weak in the motors and boxes,lookin at an 88 model,the body i have come off one of these so be easy to refit,they are generally cheaper than izusu,s toyotas etc but are they total s%$t??..i dont want one for street cred just to work!! ;D

&&Grasp

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #14605 by kennymopar2
they arnt that bad they have a decent size cab (that usually rust like a Alfa Romeo)my old mans was written off by a kangaroo needless to say the cab is piss weak . . we never had any probs with motor/gearboxes etc but a mate snapped a chassis on a T3500 .. the engines dont seem to be as torquey as the isuzu's most of the T3500s ive worked on have had well over 500.000ks on the clock .. unfortunally i dont know much about the T4100s . . there are a few with turbos

More
14 years 7 months ago #14606 by atkipete
Yes, I drove one and not a bad little truck. The later ones had a sprung cab. If I remember correctly the chassis was box section rather than channel and hard to alter.

More
14 years 7 months ago #14607 by bigcam
T 4100 are a bit of aheap of shite,they crack heads fairly regularly,and the T3500 goes better.The chassis is hopeless,alright probobly for a beavertail,but a tilt tray will break them every time.
:( :( :( :'( :'( :'(

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #14608 by Andy Wright
I drove a T4000 a fair bit as a light pumper. With a full crew and full tank she did struggle at times but we were better off than Bridgetown which was a bit more hilly. The big hill heading north out of B'town often saw their T4000 getting passed by cars when going out on a job.

I quite enjoyed driving our one. The only thing I didn't like was that you couldn't pump and roll which made it almost useless for grass fires. My captain and I spent a couple of hours fighting a grass fire started by, get this, a farmer who was mowing his paddock with a ... push lawn mower. When the bushies eventually turned up (in WA there's fire and rescue which we were and then the bush fire brigades), they just drove around the paddock with their bumper mounted spray bar. The T4000 was not our favourite piece of equipment for a while after that! About a year afterwards we finally got a nice, big Isuzu with all the mod cons. By then, the nostalgia for the Mazda set in!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
14 years 7 months ago #14609 by cribotow
Well after doin sum research and looking at many we come to the conclusion mazda/ford trucks are not so brilliant and are rust magnets! we hav gone isuzu they seem to be the pick as judged by many truck wreckers,and they see the sad :'( side of all trucks!

&&Grasp

More
14 years 6 months ago #14610 by ianoz
Hi CP Towing, I see there is a F6oo tow truck on ebay in victoria if your interested .ian.

More
14 years 6 months ago #14611 by Rob365
My Dad ran a 1984 Mazda T3500 for almost 11 years and the gear splitter was the only major problem he had with it. We took it off altogether and ran it purely as a 5 speed after that. The cab, interior etc was quite durable. I think the 4100 was only available with cab suspension as an option.. Overall, in dad's opinion, and like most Jap trucks, it was good on the flat, yet it didn't like hills!..

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds