Skip to main content

Dash Cam 2017

More
6 years 10 months ago #183651 by Lang
Dash Cam 2017 was created by Lang
Where would we be for entertainment without dash cams.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #183652 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Dash Cam 2017
It's my road. If I want to lie down and have a rest, what's wrong with that? :ohmy: :ohmy: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
6 years 10 months ago #183672 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Dash Cam 2017
I wonder if old mate ever got the fuel siphoned, he is gunna have to a lot of sucking me thinks :blink:

And once again a big sigh of relief as Im not on here

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 10 months ago #183677 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Dash Cam 2017
I think the bloke siphoning the diesel might be related to the lady with the deer crossings...

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #183678 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Dash Cam 2017

Lang wrote: Where would we be for entertainment without dash cams.

And where would we be without Russian drivers?

Beaver@ Museum of Fire
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Beaver.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #183679 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Dash Cam 2017
They do get into strife but we should not be hard on them as most are related to ice roads - something Aussies know nothing about. In my last 3,000km drive in Queensland I could have filled a full YouTube episode with dickheads if I had a camera (including a car and caravan with a light pole somehow growing between the vehicle and van while turning a sharp corner in Rockhampton.).
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Lang.

More
6 years 10 months ago #183682 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Dash Cam 2017
I expected that Russians would have had enough experience with ice roads, not to drive the way some of them do. I can understand Aussies getting caught out occasionally from lack of exposure.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
6 years 10 months ago #183686 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Dash Cam 2017

Lang wrote: They do get into strife but we should not be hard on them as most are related to ice roads - something Aussies know nothing about. In my last 3,000km drive in Queensland I could have filled a full YouTube episode with dickheads if I had a camera (including a car and caravan with a light pole somehow growing between the vehicle and van while turning a sharp corner in Rockhampton.).

Yes Lang I gotta agree
From everything I have been told ice is very unpredictable to walk on let alone drive on , Australia has very good driving conditions compared to most other countries around the world despite what we like to portray which makes Australian drivers look a lot worse than we would like to admit

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #183688 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Dash Cam 2017
Paul

As you say ice is very unpredictable. First time I drove on an ice road between Germany and Czechoslovakia I was frustrated by how slow people were going on a windy snowy road until I got to a corner, just lightly touched the brakes and suddenly zero steering as the front wheels locked. Managed to get around the corner and joined the slow procession!
Sometimes it is perfect dry road but just going through a dip where the air is a few degrees colder there is a patch of black ice - no brakes or steering.
In USA and Canada they disconnect the front brakes of prime movers for this very reason. I don't know if you can buy them now but a lot of northern prime movers were delivered with no front brakes at all, certainly up to the 80's. I don't know how ABS copes with ice but probably helps.

Lang
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Lang.

More
6 years 10 months ago #183690 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Dash Cam 2017
There were a couple of Aussie scenes in the video.

One definitely from NSW.

I was once overtaken going down an icy road near Lake Tahoe in the States by a large pickup as I was going carefully.

A couple of turns later the Armco was stove in and the Pickup looking very second hand.

When we got to the bottom a Copper was telling everyone to remove their chains. We said "what chains?"

He couldn't believe we had crossed the pass without chains. We were in a Porsche 911 so lots of traction but not much steering.

We weren't aware of the need for chains as we had stayed at the Hotel on the top of the pass overnight.

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds