Skip to main content

Princes Highway reduction of lanes for trucks

More
13 years 9 months ago #24182 by atkipete
Not sure of the logic of this one, cars and trucks both allowed 100 along there and the traffic generally flows well. Closer to the city there is a problem with some trucks tailgating and trying to sit on 100 in heavy traffic. These idiots need to be booked.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #24183 by disco
Yesterday,after going to my godson's juinor nco passing out parade at RAAF Williams, we went to Mack Laverton to p/up the new truck, it was there for it's 1st service, I got the minister of war too follow me home in the trusty falcon , I set truck's cruise at 100 kph, which is 100kph,i've got gps in truck,she set car's cruise which was at 107 kph to stay with me at a even distance, the point I'm trying to make is that car speedo's are'nt accurate and this is where part of the problem lies,as car drivers say we're being harrased by speeding trucks.

The second part of the problem is the Geelong rd between Lara and Weeribee should be 110 kph.

The 3rd problem is the speed cameras along this road.

Now the mongs that tell us how to live, have decided that trucks cant use the right lane no matter what, which means we have overtake slow moving cars on their left, wont be long before we have major accidents, alot of truck drivers are getting frustrated already and it wont be long before 1 loses the plot.

I have driven this road 3/4 times a day for last 10 years and it getting worse every day, tomorrow the schools are back, I shudder to think what's going to happen >:( :(

More
13 years 9 months ago #24184 by prodrive
Disco you are spot on. We not only let these idiots decide pretty much everything for us, and make stupid senseless rules like this, we do absolutely NOTHING about it. Imagine if they made a law that said caravans cant be in the right lane. Or farmers. You'd see them all jack up, there would be protests, and they'd change the law. Or not even do it in the first place. But trucks? We just bend over once again. We get what we deserve unfortunately. If we had any balls about us at all, we'd be having a huge convoy of trucks, ALL in the right lane, to protest about the stupidity of this law. Instead, we actually legitimize it by quietly pretending that it's all ok. So the public just has it reinforced once again, that we are idiots that need more rules to be controlled. Well judging by the complete and utter, shameful lack of re-action to another dumb law that we LET happen, controlling even more of what we do, they must be right, as far as I can see.. What a pity. :-[

More
13 years 9 months ago #24185 by atkipete
I dont follow the logic behind it, the Vicroads website says that 83% of motorists in an RACV survey (presumably car drivers) thought it was a good idea. see www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/5B5...ionsDLaccessible.pdf
So they adopted it :-? :-? :-?

More
13 years 9 months ago #24186 by disco
Seeing the RACV was behind this idea, I protested by canceling all of my RACV insurance policys,roadside assist, rewards cards, wrote letter of protest to thier chairidiot, stating that if they are against trucks,how will they look after me when I need to make a claim, his reply was 2 pages long of dribble that made no sense, to which I wrote back and said he was full of s#$t >:( :(

More
13 years 9 months ago #24187 by atkipete
The RACV represents car drivers, it is not their place to make road rules regarding trucks. The Vicroads blurb says this will be introduced on Eastlink and Western Ring road as well.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 9 months ago #24188 by Swishy

Bring the system undun
Drive car in right lane
with the Cruise control on 96kph
LOL
they just should ban all vehicles from the right lane th@ aint do n 100kph
OR
add nuther lane just for the 4 wheelers
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 9 months ago #24189 by prodrive
You know the trouble though Swishy? We LOVE making laws. Problem? No problem! Make a law!
If we started asking people to THINK and use a tiny touch of common sense, then perhaps things would slowly become a little better. We seem to have this "make a law" mentality in Australia, that I just don't understand. Idiots will always be idiots, and no law will stop them being idiots.
So what happens is some fool does something really crazy (eg "P" Plate kid crashes doing 160k's, or a truck is booked doing 120, on drugs blah blah) So they make more laws, book us for doing a couple of K's over the limit, or a spelling mistake in the "work diary" (!!) And then justify it because "they needed to". So we LET these people make more laws, control us more, cost us more, and then us honest people pay the price. And the idiots? They just keep being idiots.
That's why people die on the road, not because they are doing 109ks in a 100 zone. But because 1) they are never taught to drive and 2) They don't need to think at all. "The traffic light is green", so they just sail blindly through, never stopping to think that perhaps that truck won't be able to stop in time. Whilst we perpetuate this mentality, nothing will change, in fact things will get worse. And you and me will pay the price, and dickheads will still be dickheads.
My theory- 80-90% of people will obey any law, no matter how stupid or thoughtless. About 10% will actually think about it, and maybe disobey the law if it seems really stupid (ie drive through a red light at 4am Sunday morning instead of sitting there like a goose)
And about 5% will just do what they want, no matter what the law says. Eg bikies, P platers, drugged idiots, etc.
And that's who the laws are aimed at. Except THEY ignore it, and WE pay for it. Again, and again, and again. Whats the definition of stupidity- doing the same thing again and again, and expecting a different result...
Does it sound like I'm mad???? yep. I hate the path Australia is travelling, and I don't see it getting any better in my lifetime.
Remember- Laws are supposed to be "for the guidance of the wise, and the blind obedience of fools"
We seem to have forgotten that in Australia - in our zeal to make everything "better" we are ruining the place.
That's my rant for the day!!! Hope I haven't offended too may people, sorry if I have!

13 years 9 months ago #24190 by
Prodrive - you're spot on, with your "rant". There are any number of law-abiding people who feel the same way.

The Americans have a good saying for it .. "Ya cain't fix stoopid". That's about sums it up neatly. Idiots will continue to be idiots, regardless of the amount of laws made.
Crims will be crims and acquire guns, no matter how harsh the gun laws.

As regards driving .. I think one of the race car drivers stated just last week, that parents should be banned from teaching their children to drive.
This is spot on, because it only promulgates the bad habits that are in the family genes.
Some decent driver training outside the family is the order of the day.

In addition, I believe that all drivers should have to undergo compulsory re-testing every 2 years (like Finland), to pick up and re-train people out of their bad habits.
God knows how many lazy bastards I follow, who are too f****n lazy to use indicators when they're lane changing or entering and leaving roundabouts.
Then they're the first to express surprise when a mighty great BANG! occurs when they finally do that un-indicated weave, and someone is right alongside them .. :(

More
13 years 7 months ago #24191 by Assessor
2nd that one prodrive !!!!!

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds