Skip to main content

Cummins 1998/Frightliner engine problems - HELP!

More
13 years 6 months ago #34137 by theroadbossman
Yes Sarge it would appear that you are right there, as BigCam has suggested it can be just the bloke on the spanner too..
Having a few battery issues I see on another thread under tool.
Ah mate, life just gets better, thought about a Bex and a big sit down? ;D
ya gotta laugh at it all 'cause if ya take it all to seriously it would probably kill us..
take care now
Bretto ;)

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #34138 by dunk
never thought much of the M elemons by cummins drove one for awhile boss sold it due to all the problems was always at cummins getting fixed hope that you get it sorted

13 years 3 weeks ago #34139 by
I reckon this is the best dealer/workshop rip-off I've heard of, in recent times .. $1242 to replace a battery and both front wheel bearings in a Subaru .. and the bearings didn't need replacing anyway .. >:(

Someone should name and shame this pack of ba$tards .. >:(

www.carsguide.com.au/site/tools-and-advi...u_outback_wont_start

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #34140 by BK
Don't talk about it......do it.

Trust me

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #34141 by bigcam
Ron, I had a run in with a new truck workshop again last week. Dealerships are operated with one perpose in mind, PROFIT. They are broken down into seperate sections, so that even the individual sections have to give each other a bill for any work done. Couple that with being renowned for low wages to attract anyone with a bit of nouse and every hour having to be charged out is a recipe for paying top dollar for averedge work. Any chance they can charge you for something they will. No doubt. The dealerships may cr$ap on about how many courses thier mechanics have been on, but if they havn't had any experience in the first place it is piontless.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #34142 by doug
I had a similar problem on the M11 a couple of years ago.
Problem turned out to be the retainer plate on the front of the cam shaft. It had split and was allowing the cam to move forward and back.Would idle ok and rev while out of gear, as soon as you puty it into gear and applied load the cam moved forward and altered the timing so it wouldnt rev. Cummins computer was used to try and diagnose put didnt show a fault. We eventually found the fault ourselves, the cost of the new retainer plate $25.60

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds