Skip to main content

Tyre regrooving - your thoughts.

More
13 years 6 months ago #35780 by Chocs
for what its worth....
the beaurepaires man won't allow a regroove, in case it goes bang while one of the boys is doin it!
If people didnt cut the rates and the others didnt work for nothing.. the rest of em knew how to price a job...ya wouldnt need to regroove tyres just to survive..
While the goin is good...put it back to where it was derived...fit all the good gear, keep it all in shape, that way it will survive the tuffer times!
Too many people working for less than wages trying to run a truck...doesn't make a whole lot of sense where i come from.. 8-)
Thats my 10 cents worth anyway
ps fortunately i know what broke is and how hard it can be sometimes...
regards
chocs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #35781 by
The problem with you blokes is as follows-
you don't have a funny sounding name of three letters
you don't eat sleep drink wash or poo in your truck
you don't drive a european jigger which saves your legs when only one clutch depression is required , subject to finding the correct gear .
you can't afford PVC sticky tape to hold your mirrors together
you can't open your eyes and see torn off mudflaps lying on the side of the road which you can use again
you don't have a dangling thing hanging from the interior rear vision mirror ( used when having a weekly wash )
you can't afford a Melways so you can find city streets
you are not helping the environment by only washing your truck every second year
you are not saving tyre wear by running all spider rims out of wack
and , you are wasting money on shinny exhaust stacks when a bit of rusty old pipe will do
gee no wonder you blokes are doing it tough
take a leaf out of the local "nig nog" as he throws mud all over you as you sail past ;D

BET HE HAS NO PROBLEM PRONOUNCING THE NAME OF THE LOCAL KOREAN OR CHINEESE IMPORT EITHER .

More
13 years 6 months ago #35782 by carnut1100
I'm not a real big fan of regrooved tyres...
I would be most unhappy about running them on a steer axle for a start.
Retreads I'm not that keen on either, but they're ok on the back I suppose.
I won't drive with them on the steer though, or if I have to then it's reduced speed all the way...
Luckily for me my boss owns a tyre shop also, so we tend to get new cleanskins, and generally either Michelins or Bridgestones.

More
13 years 6 months ago #35783 by Nev
I used to buy 295 cases off tyre services, regroove them, and run them out on the trailer. 18 inches of cleanskin on
the road and only about $80.00 per case. There is a lot of rubber left when "BEAU" takes tyres off a company truck.
Good for between 80 to 100 k

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds