Skip to main content

Buying a KW to attract drivers

More
12 years 9 months ago #55326 by 653Detroit
I hear quit often people saying that are buying a KW because it is easier to get drivers, is this because these drivers have to make up for other inadequacy's. There is allot bangers on the road all with the same running gear and a different cab, some of these cabs are not as antiquated as the KW. Many other trucks are much more comfortable and driver friendly just don't have the same supposed prowess. Just an observation interested in other opinions. :D :D :-/ :-/ :-?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #55327 by
I reckon its just the old "holden / ford argument" some people just like em, ive seen the same with macks, i think maybe some folks have had a magic run with certain brands and remain forever loyal, some drivers reckon there the "bee's knee's" i have always liked the way they look, ive had european trucks ,and sure they are comfortable, my experience is at the end of the day, us trucks are a lot harder on the body , ya get out knackered " but you look kool doin it"

"Its an image" 8-)

And that is just an observation ;)

More
12 years 9 months ago #55328 by 653Detroit
8-)Its an image and what an image the S2 has great to watch the build on the forum and see the result look forward to seeing in the flesh. My R190 is certainly not driver friendly or comfortable must be an image. Its certainly a buzz. As a daily drive think ill overlook the whole image thing save it for weekends. 8-) ;D

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #55329 by jimbo51
Haven't you seen the billboards?

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by jimbo51.

More
12 years 9 months ago #55330 by 653Detroit
Stands to reason a KW driver partakin in a bit of sulf lurven

More
12 years 9 months ago #55331 by melonreo
i agree with Adam
it is like the holden ford thing, they are almost the same to look at and drive .
i rember way back when the first bonneted freightliners came out .that ugly little benz cab ,still with wheel arches in the doors , here we have a bonneted truck that does not have a flat floor , no room to walk or put a fridge, so then out came the next model and they said they fixed the ugly door with a square door , but when you open it up the wheel arch is still behind it , and then there is there steering box on the left side , not to mention the cabover freightliner with the gear lever on the left and linkages running across ,this is real good enginering, so my opiniopn is they are C#@P >:( >:( >:( i did a lot of kays in K100 E , K100G , K104 . K104B and T600 , it is just my opinion but i found a T600 a lot easyer to get in and out of compared to ford , liners and early stars ...

M@(K once was a big truck on the road , now they are a big truck in the road :D

said with a im a kenwoth man look on his face 8-)

More
12 years 9 months ago #55332 by bigcam

said with a im a kenwoth man look on his face 8-)

And all this time I thought you was a Diamond or White man, no need to surcomb to peer group pressure Melon. ;D ;D ;D

12 years 9 months ago #55333 by
Yeah melonhead "ya skullywag" no more cheap white parts for you! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

More
12 years 9 months ago #55334 by farmer brown
Kenworth still look like a real truck. 908 just a bigger version of the old w models, most adverage jos dont notice that Im driv,n a G cab instead of the ol 76 124. U blokes should get it - TRADITION ;) up till now that is (round grill :( )

More
12 years 9 months ago #55335 by 653Detroit
Don't get me wrong KW are a very traditional banger but correct me if I'm wrong how many parts / components do they manufacture themselves would it be 2parts of not many. Many of the not so desired vehicles have the ability to design and manufacture a $h1t load of bits and pieces and turn them into a truck. Ive spent time around Inter, Dodge, Bedford, MACK, Volvo, Lously Builts but not really any KW so not being educated in the art of Kenwortholigy I'm note in any position pass judgment on KW's. Theres to many on the road for that many people to be wrong. Im still learning so l might just get a bit more edgmacated. :D ::) :-? :-X

As for the HOLDEN Ford thing only one choice really 8-)

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds