Skip to main content

Rig trucks and Others

More
11 years 10 months ago #77096 by Shawn
Replied by Shawn on topic Re: Rig trucks and Others
All pictures courtesy of the Ken Farrell Albums

[IMG

[IMG

No rest for the W model. After retiring from the Oilfield she was refurbished and put back to work running up to Darwin.

[IMG

One from the past

[IMG

[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #77097 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: Rig trucks and Others
Shawn, keep up the good work mate, we all love the photo's, the more the merrier. Many of these rigs would not have been seen before. Thank you. Cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
11 years 10 months ago #77098 by Shawn

Shawn, keep up the good work mate, we all love the photo's, the more the merrier. Many of these rigs would not have been seen before. Thank you. Cheers Tim ;)

Tim, I'm glad you enjoy the pictures. I'm certain my Dad didn't know the enjoyment others would get from the pictures he took. With a few words here and there we can almost put together a lifetime "living the dream".

Will be back tomorrow with some more pics.

What do you want?the 60's and 70's or 80's and 90's or mix em up?

More
11 years 10 months ago #77099 by greg wright
all pics are welcome by me Shawn ,there is nothing better than sharing the past and preserving history .regards GREG .

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #77100 by
Replied by on topic Re: Rig trucks and Others
...all this stuff should almost be in the historic truck section 8-) 8-) 8-)

all your pics are great shawn, but particularly interested in the 60's and 70's shots, and noticed a pic of the old ''pig''....OD & E's RHD kenworth rig truck they imported early in 1962....keep 'em coming and cheers

More
11 years 10 months ago #77101 by Shawn
All pictures courtesy of the Ken Farrel Albums

Moving the derrick in one piece

[IMG

Just be sure that the other truck stays on the road

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

That's what you call a wide load

[IMG

More
11 years 10 months ago #77102 by Shawn

...all this stuff should almost be in the historic truck section 8-) 8-) 8-)

I'm happy for admin to use the pictures wherever they want on the site. The only thing that I ask is, ownership of the pictures must be attributed to Ken Farrell.

all your pics are great shawn, but particularly interested in the 60's and 70's shots, and noticed a pic of the old ''pig''....OD & E's RHD kenworth rig truck they imported early in 1962....keep 'em coming and cheers

Dad worked for ODE all over the world for many years. A lot of his pictures he converted to projector film which was all the go back then. I must get around to converting these into digital format one day

I'll see what I can find for you from the ODE days.

More
11 years 10 months ago #77103 by Shawn

all pics are welcome by me Shawn ,there is nothing better than sharing the past and preserving history .regards GREG .

Thanks Greg. These pictures range in age from 25 to 55 years old and a lot of them are showing there age. Dad had a lot of these pictures pinned up on the walls around his office and they are a little worse for wear.

You can plainly see from some pictures that I have simply taken a picture of picture and others have been scanned into the computer. I've been told that with today's software a lot of these pictures can be cleaned up and restored.

Can anyone recommend a company or a software program that will clean up these old pictures?

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #77104 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Rig trucks and Others
Shawn, I scan my pictures using an older photo program called Arcsoft photo studio (I'm not 100% sure of the name because my main computer is suffering a temperory set back at the moment). The advantage of using the photo program to scan with is that it has options for Fade correction and Backlight correction built into it. Just using the Fade correction brings old photo's up pretty good and you don't have to anyhthing more than select it before you scan. The Arcsoft program came with a Canon scanner I bought years ago, only catch with it is that it won't work with Windows 7, only XP. I would think that a lot of other photo programs would have the same features.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by bigcam.

More
11 years 10 months ago #77105 by Shawn

Shawn, I scan my pictures using an older photo program called Arcsoft photo studio (I'm not 100% sure of the name because my main computer is suffering a temperory set back at the moment). The advantage of using the photo program to scan with is that it has options for Fade correction and Backlight correction built into it. Just using the Fade correction brings old photo's up pretty good and you don't have to anyhthing more than select it before you scan. The Arcsoft program came with a Canon scanner I bought years ago, only catch with it is that it won't work with Windows 7, only XP. I would think that a lot of other photo programs would have the same features.

Hi Cam, thanks for the suggestion.

Originally I used Nero to burn the pictures to disk, so that I always had a back up copy. Yesterday when I popped the disc into my new P.C I got a message saying that the version of Nero that I used isn't compatible with Windows 7......... >:( >:(

So, I had to down load a free 15 day version of Nero 11 just to get the pictures off the disk and back into the P.C..........This Nero 11 version has that many functions and buttons by the time I learn how to use it, it will be obsolete......... :-[

Don't you just love modern technology?.......

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds