Skip to main content

Ansaldo TCA70

More
10 years 11 months ago #116697 by paulc20
Ansaldo TCA70 was created by paulc20
Picked up another project today, Ansaldo TCA70, Gumtree purchase.

[IMG

Starts easy, sounds good but main clutch problem, doesn't release and apparently doesn't drive properly either, I'm thinking possibly a facing torn off. Because of the hull style construction it looks as if we can lift the gearbox out after dropping the tail shaft to final drive, then get to the clutch. Does anyone know of a source of an english manual for this.

I need to remove all brackets for the old logging winch and replace the blade lift ram with something that will allow the blade to tilt and angle.

I am also after a double drum PCU (in le-tourneu speak) or cable controlunit as I have a Le tourneu type M Carryall I would like to put behind it.

Any suggestions or comments appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #116698 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Ansaldo TCA70
you bought a what ? never heard of it
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 11 months ago #116699 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic Re: Ansaldo TCA70
HiPaul.
Don't know much about it myself but, Alfa Romeo 4 cyl diesel, 6.something litre, spica injection, 4 valve per cylinder, dry sump, foot clutch, hand controls work multi-plate turn clutches and band brake, whereas old cats have hand lever for clutch and foot pedal for brakes.

It has italian style, finned exhaust manifold,, etc etc, but then I also have a Moto Guzzi...
Paul

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
10 years 11 months ago #116700 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Ansaldo TCA70

Paul Gudday M8

Q:? if eye may

Wot is the tare weight of the 8 leggd K Whopper 'az iz'
Duz the Ansaldo have inertia start

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
10 years 11 months ago #116701 by paulc20
Hi Swish, The KW tares at about 14500kg, 8.5t on the steer, 6 on the drive, quite heavy for an Al chassis alcoa equipped, so in NSW 12t legal payload. I think the crane is about 3t and the tray is heavy as well with 3 hydraulic rams.

The tractor has 12v direct electric start. I have seen an inertia start on you tube, apparently you need 2 burly italians to crank it
Paul

More
10 years 11 months ago #116702 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Ansaldo TCA70
Paul, Have a friend up here ,that has just bought a few of these recently .He is here n the forum ,so one way or another weather he reads this or I ask him .Will find out what he has in the way of Books .

More
10 years 11 months ago #116703 by paulc20
Hi Ian, That will be great if he has some information, I need to get the linkages adjusted correctly on the turning brake/clutch system. The right hand side is applying the brake and clutch together while the left seems to release the clutch first and then further movement applies the brake.

Here is a photo of the engine, stylish alloy casting.

[IMG

More
10 years 11 months ago #116704 by elgindale
Replied by elgindale on topic Re: Ansaldo TCA70
Thats neat real Italian flair will all go well with the bike but you had better get a Fiat as well

More
10 years 11 months ago #116705 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Ansaldo TCA70
Hi Paul , Got a reply back from Chester , He says Books are non existent..I have an Italian face book friend ,so i will try him for any info .Problem is he speaks no english ,and i no speaka the italian .Fingers crossed the translation thingie works good .

More
10 years 11 months ago #116706 by paulc20
Hi Ian. Thanks for asking. I have bid on ebay italyfor a scan of a TCA70 parts book (in italian), am using google translate to communicate, will see how it goes.

Hi Elgindale. I think that I will pass on a FIAT, may even sell the Guzzi, however I do have this car www.autopics.com.au/item.mibiznez?id=31711
in the shed waiting attention.
Paul

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds