Skip to main content

Ansaldo TCA70

More
10 years 11 months ago #116707 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic Re: Ansaldo TCA70
I have obtained this double drum cable unit. It needs a bit of work, clutches pulled apart and missing one brake band. I think it is a Heil. The pulley unit on top is a Bristand and has had one top pulley flame cut off.

[IMG

It looks as if the pto on the Ansaldo drives from the final drive and not the gear box, therefore will only operate while the tractor is moving forward,certainly not ideal for lifting a blade or scraper.

Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #116708 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Ansaldo TCA70
Paul ,Most of the Crawlers of the Day worked exactly the same,No live drive to the Rear PCU ..You just got to live with it .Our D68u is the same Clutch must be engaged to power the PCU .
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by ianoz.

More
10 years 11 months ago #116709 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Ansaldo TCA70
yep all PCU'S on the back aren't live drive (but I could be wrong) thats why some had the PCU on the front straight off the crank you do get used to not been live drive but it takes some time
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 11 months ago #116710 by paulc20
I haven't had much experience with the pcu setup but I thought on the Oliver and the AC HD5 that the pcu would operate while the gearbox was in neutral if the clutch was engaged. As the ansaldo has a 5 speed box with a tail shaft to the final drive and the pto driven from the final drive I am guessing that the pcu will only operate in the correct direction when the tractor is moving forwards. I thought that on the allis chalmers you could lift the blade while the tractor was stationary.

Paul

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #116711 by q4016lanz
Replied by q4016lanz on topic Re: Ansaldo TCA70
I have the same pcu on my HD5B
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by bigcam.

More
10 years 11 months ago #116712 by ianoz
Hi Paul ,Just check that the PTO lever does not have two positions . There may be a ground speed drive one that it is in now .Just a thought .

More
10 years 11 months ago #116713 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Ansaldo TCA70
good thought ianoz been the Italian stallion it might have my little Fiat has

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 11 months ago #116714 by ianoz

good thought ianoz been the Italian stallion it might have my little Fiat has

Just trying to think Why ???
I was thinking ,a logging winch would be pretty useless on the back ,if the machine has to be moving to work the winch .

More
10 years 11 months ago #116715 by paulc20
The pto control only has engaged and disengaged positions. I've had a bit a look at the machine, and the partially disassembled spare parts machine and there is no auxiliary drive from the gear box to the rear. The engine and gearbox unit is rubber mounted on a sub frame inside the hull unit, with a universal jointed drive shaft from the 5 speed box to the final drive unit which has the pto drive included, as shown here.

[IMG

I agree, it will be pretty useless if you have to be moving forward to operate winch. I did see an old advertisement that said the TCA70 had a 5 speed pto, now I know why.

Paul

More
10 years 11 months ago #116716 by paulc20
I found this photo on the net, an ansaldo doing pto work. I guess you apply the brakes, lock them with the parking pawl, as applying the brakes releases the turning clutches as first part of the action, engage a forward gear and engage the foot (engine) clutch.

Paul

[IMG

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds