Skip to main content

Ransomes crawler tracks

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #11772 by JMR
Ransomes crawler tracks was created by JMR
Hi all, This is my first post on here so bear with me...
I have recently got a Ransomes MG5 crawler from my uncle, it has been sitting on the ground for around 20 years so there are several track plates that were on the bottom that are to far gone to use, it has had the original single cylinder engine removed and a morris 950 put in its place. so my first question is, is there anywhere to get track plates from preferable in Australia as the postage would be a killer , I had considered fabricating some myself but it would be tedious and is probably cheaper to get new ones. The second question is, with the extra horse power, could i drive wider tracks? Any help anyone can give would be greatly appriciated. Here is my email if anyone wants to contact me directly Jacko_25AThotmail.com.

Thank you, Jackson Ramsay.

Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Andy Wright.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11773 by Andy Wright
Welcome aboard, Jackson. There's a few guys on here who will be able to help you.

I've just modified your email address (replacing @ with AT) so spammers don't get hold of your email address.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 9 months ago #11774 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Ransomes crawler tracks
2 places where I have seen some recently are eBay and the Old Machinery Magazine ( www.tomm.com.au ) where I think I saw someone advertising some reproduction ones.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 9 months ago #11775 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic Re: Ransomes crawler tracks
Thanks for your replies, i havent had any luck looking on ebay or anything so ill get that magazine and have a look, do you remember which issue it was in? cheers fellas

Jacko

More
14 years 7 months ago #11776 by cribotow
hey when you find track stuff eg rubbers and bolts about 300 i think!! let me know i need em for my MG40 ,then i can weld a top on it, put a gun on the front and the kids have a mini tank to play with,or i will just use it to cleat up the neigbours lawn ;D

&&Grasp

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds