Skip to main content

heres a oldie

More
14 years 6 months ago #15706 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: heres a oldie
that would of worked wonders ..the TD18 had a aftermarket blade fitted with a massive tree pusher (much heavier than the standard blade ..i say those type of rippers would of worked wonders on the old girl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #15707 by CommerKnocker
Replied by CommerKnocker on topic Re: heres a oldie
For a cable machine the CEK was OK but dangerous loading trucks as a cable break could be fatal

Cart'n dirt makin roads

More
12 years 10 months ago #15708 by TC
Replied by TC on topic Re: heres a oldie
Drove a heap of face shoveles in my working life with greaser on a RB 54 Glenbourne dam about 52 last centuary thats where you started if you had a good driver he would let you have a drive each day breaking stuff out of the face then if you could handel it OK you got an hour loading trucks . You learned about the clutches & linkages how to ajust things so the leavers were finger tip to use that was how you learned the trade .
Last shovel i drove was a Cockams Lansverg all air controls Scanier Varbis power with twin disc torque converter 2 mt buckett it was a piece of crap but easy to drive & dug well 25mm hoist rope was replaced every 2 months otherwise it would snap & fly back at you .
Drove Buckeye/ Lima/ osgood /RB 24 / RB 30/ NGK Kohering I dont miss them or geting covered in black jack every day filling the grease gun each shift . Best machine was a Kohering with a 5 cylinder Gardener power plant fast strong with a good reach & clutches that stayed in ajustment when they got real hot .
You could get a good rythem going & keep the trucks away as all truckies love to bludge under the shovel & make you look bad when the boss arrives .
Good old days Naaaaar just loved my last Komatsu 25 tonn excavator with quick hitch I would spin the bulk buckett around & use it as a face shovel when I had slops to load out all good fun Air con sterio & cb to yap on all good . TC ;D ;D 8-)

More
12 years 10 months ago #15709 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: heres a oldie
nowadays theres almost as many excavators around your area as people ? !

More
12 years 10 months ago #15710 by Aussiehooker
Replied by Aussiehooker on topic Re: heres a oldie
there is an excavator wrecker at albury and when i was reading his sighn out the front he wrecked 16 brands of excavator

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds