Skip to main content

MB 1300

More
4 years 8 months ago #202642 by micq
MB 1300 was created by micq
looking for info on gear change on a MB1300 l just bought . Hoping some one on here may know a bit about them .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202670 by MBTRAC
Replied by MBTRAC on topic MB 1300
Hi
I current have an MB800 & Mb1500 & having owned a few of tthese Merc. Tractors over the years I have also gathered some tech info .
What gear change info exactly are you seeking for your Mb1300 & I'll try to help - also need to know if yours has crawler gears/range as that can change the specs/advice

More
4 years 7 months ago #202673 by micq
Replied by micq on topic MB 1300
Trying to work out how to go from 4th to 5th gear mate , also it has a front end loader which works fine but l cant get the rear TPL to operate . l don't have the manual for it yet so I am a bit wary about damaging the gearbox or hydrolics . Any help will be gratefully appreciated .

More
4 years 7 months ago #202674 by Kav
Replied by Kav on topic MB 1300
Hi, the biggest thing to remember is that if you have the creeper gear, you cannot use it for heavy pulling. one of my neighbours had one and a driver, thinking he was doing the right thing, put it into a creeper gear to pull a stump, and when it took up the load and the full weight loaded up, the torque build up in the gearbox split the gearbox housing into two pieces and damaged the gears at the same time. It was cheaper to replace the complete gearbox than repairing it. Kav.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micq

More
4 years 7 months ago #202675 by micq

Hi Kav , thanks for that info mate , not sure if it has creeper gears , wont have the tractor home till Friday , and a couple of weeks on the manual . l can get the front end loader to work but not the rear tpl . thanks Mick .
Attachments:

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #202704 by MBTRAC
On the 1300's gears 1-4 are H pattern with 1 being far left & 3 far right - to engage 5 move the main gear lever via neutral far right it's an air assisted shIfting to engage 5 & 6 with the same method to get 7 (& 8 if it's not blanked off - some 1300's have 8 & for some reason some have it blanked)
Great advice from Kai on the crawler gears - under heavy pulling load the combination of ultra low crawler gears + planetary gears + portal hubs = expensive disaster
As for your TPL hyd problem most likely needs a cylinder selals/ rebuild or could be. Valve blockage - if not leaking though let me know & I may be able to locate a hyd circuit diagram
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by MBTRAC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micq

More
4 years 7 months ago #202729 by micq
Got the TPL sorted , found a diverter valve , still not sure about the gears , in 4th l pushed the gear lever to the right as I went back to neutral , didn't seem to go any further right and when moved forward it went back to 3rd so I let the tractor role forward & moved the gear leaver side to side in neutral & it felt like there was some sort of gate/resistance between 1 & 2 side of the box & 3 & 4 side if that makes sense . Very worried about going from 4th to 1st and damaging the box .

More
4 years 7 months ago #202739 by MBTRAC
Ok - check this - first air should be up to working pressure then with the tractor standing still
- give it a good shove to the right & make certain it's in neutral you should then hear a small " hiss" of air which will confirm the air ram on the gearbox that throws a gear to get into 5 & up
- if there's no "hiss" of air the small air ram may not be activating ( which is common as often the upper gears don't get a lot use). Also check if you try the same method in both range I & II

More
4 years 7 months ago #202742 by micq
thanks mate .

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds