Skip to main content

Vokes Oil filters fitted to the Fordson E27N and Massey Harris tractors with Pe

More
3 years 8 months ago #214054 by Bimbadeen
Hi John K, just wondering if you r familiar with the Vokes Oil filters fitted to the Fordson E27N and Massey Harris tractors with Perkins P6 engines.

I am trying to source a gasket that seals the outside canister to the filter head.
The groove size in the filter head is 4 and 3/8 inches diameter and 1/4 inch width..
Thank you,

Maurice

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #214057 by cobbadog
I've had to source some odd filters and have used the services of Redpoint at Kempsey who supply oils, filters, batteries etc. I gave them the make and model number and any physical size I was able to and they have always found a match. So if your on good terms with your filter supplier give them a call.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 8 months ago #214065 by JOHN.K.
I should be ,I ve got couple of P6s.....but I dont recall when I last removed the filters.....from your dimensions ,I assume the 4 3/8 is the od,whats the ID?...and 1/4 thick......Ill have a look............Im also sure the Fleetgard filter book has a section on seal rings .......you might have to use an O ring ,or pay to have a flat ring made.

More
3 years 8 months ago #214066 by Bimbadeen
Hi Mammoth,
I have a P6 too fitted to E27n Fordson.
Eng has a Vokes oil filter and am in need of the sealing ring that fits between the filter head and outside canister.
Any help much appreciated.
Maurice

More
3 years 8 months ago #214068 by Bimbadeen
Hi John
I will check size of filter sealing washer today.
Maurice

More
3 years 8 months ago #214074 by cobbadog
Bimbadeen, is that sealing ring like an "O" ring? If so you will buy an "O" ring the right size from your local bearing service that sells such items. Sometimes they also have the square profiled "O" rings as well.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 8 months ago #214082 by Bimbadeen
John, I remeasured the oil seal recess in the head of the Vokes Oil filter.

118 mm OD X 104 ID X 4 mm thick.

I may try my local Bearing shop.

Maurice.

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds