Skip to main content

Never heard of this. Old engine blokes any clues.

More
2 years 8 months ago #225192 by Lang
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #225197 by V8Ian
WAG, a Dutch built, under licence, Lister.

More
2 years 8 months ago #225199 by asw120
I think they've all got that tag. A Lister CS diesel. Can't remember what the "Listard" refers to.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
2 years 8 months ago #225200 by 180wannabe
I had no idea, but google tells me "LISTARD is the Van der Horst patent process for chrome plating cylinder liners".

And as Jarrod says, it seems common on Listers.

More
2 years 8 months ago #225204 by JOHN.K.
I got a Lister JP3 once was under the 1974 floods,cylinders full of water for six months,chrome bores were still perfect........Lots of UK diesels had chrome bores......Ford tractors especially,but Leylands and Perkins also had chrome bores.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
2 years 8 months ago #225211 by cobbadog
Lister has used this "Listard" process on the diesels for a very long time. Has worked well on my CD 8hp high speed tropical engine. Never knew the origins of the process only read it on Lister engines.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 8 months ago #225217 by Lang
Here is the rest of the ad. He wants $600

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 8 months ago #225218 by Morris
I wonder if it is a combination of the word "Lister" and a term for a person whose parents were not married. That word starts with"Bast" :evil: :woohoo:

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 8 months ago #225220 by Inter-Action
Does everyone know what the CS stands for and how it works.? Excellent engines. If that one in the pictures is for sale for
$600 and turns over with compression , it is worth that sort of money. They just keep going and as smooth an engine you will hard pressed to find a smoother one. Very lucky to own one . Easy starting and economical runner. With those twin
flywheels they had no trouble running 4 stand shearing plants.

More
2 years 8 months ago #225221 by JOHN.K.
Crankhandle is there too..........Listard is a combination of Lister and Hard chrome.......the bore is plated with a porous coating of chrome to hold oil.....a plain chrome will seize and score the rings for lack of oil.........I once put new rings in a JP4 in a compressor ......chrome is too hard to hone normally,and the new rings had zero compression and the engine wouldnt start......so I got a motorbike to run on the flywheel ......the engine poured smoke and went through many gallons of oil,spitting it out the exhaust........eventually it settled in ,and could be hand started.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds