Skip to main content

Grey Ferguson for sale

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #235381 by Lang
Grey Ferguson for sale was created by Lang
Have decided to sell my TED20 1952 Ferguson and slasher to upgrade to an International A554 so I can go up to 6 feet each pass.

The Fergy is very original - even has the original crank handle in its holder. Double section fuel tank with original selector tap and filter. Previous owner used Flashlube lead replacement for 20 years and I have continued to do so.

It starts first time every time, has new engine electrics. Runs cool. Brakes and clutch good. Uses no oil and pulls as good as you could expect from these little blokes. 3PL works great. Just had a full 2 pack paint job. Brand new tyre on the back, the other side has great tread but older tyre. Original 19 inch front wheels. New correct seat and new repro toolbox (to be fitted). Full accessory foot plates (makes it a lot easier for us old blokes to climb aboard).

It does not seem to have done much work and everything is pretty tight. It was certainly shedded all its life. Key and button start but I have traced the gearstick start wiring continuity and this just needs to be hooked up if you want to go that way.

It is just a monthly slasher tractor but is a great basis for a show machine restoration with no rust or damage.

Slasher 4ft needs the usual rust repairs on deck but has a very heavy gearbox and drive shaft over-run clutch unit. It is a finishing slasher if required and will cut as close and smooth as a hand lawnmower.

In Brisbane. $3,500

Blue line looks crooked but it is straight, just the camera.

This is how I bought it. You can see how well it has been looked after - never repainted.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #235384 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Grey Ferguson for sale
Thats a reasonable askin g price and should sell quickly. Always needed by the hobby farmers. Stick it up on Gumtree, that is how we sold HRH Sarah Ferguson.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
1 year 9 months ago #235392 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Grey Ferguson for sale
Buggaaa

Put it on Marketplace and have 27 messages including 11 who want to come straight away. First bloke transferred the money sight unseen.

I really hate it when that happens, should have stuck an extra couple of grand on it.

SOLD
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, PaulFH

More
1 year 9 months ago #235400 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Grey Ferguson for sale
Sounds like you would be a master at playing "fionly" Lang

To me it never really matters as it was a good deal for you when you chucked the add up and obviously who ever bought it reckoned it was a good deal so gotta be happy with that

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 9 months ago #235416 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Grey Ferguson for sale
Good news, you got your asking price which is usually more than expected and now its paid for and maybe gone. Good deal for everyone involved. Hindsight is wonderful, "if only" we knew what the outcome / interest would be.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH

More
1 year 9 months ago #235422 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Grey Ferguson for sale
Good result Lang.. You Got your Full asking Price Very Promptly, without having to put up with all the Trye kicking, Lowballing, Time wasters...!!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH

More
1 year 9 months ago #235547 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Grey Ferguson for sale
Hi,

the discussion about the replacement International Tractor has moved to its own thread, www.hcvc.com.au/forum/oldjunk/20394-inte...onal-554-564-tractor

Terry

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds