Skip to main content

FARM BUILT BROADACRE TRACTORS

More
12 years 11 months ago #52666 by kenny-mopar
probably pulls better than george bush . . very nice tractor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #52667 by hayseed
I remember reading a Power farming magazine back in the late '70s. About someone in S.A. or W.A. who built an articulated tractor out of two Fordson backends.

Also seem to remember It was pretty common to repower the Super major, with the ford six cylinder motor out the D series trucks. You could buy a kit, including a sump to stand the slant six up and fit to the old girls

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 10 months ago #52668 by Eddy
A neighbor had one of those repowered Fordsons, seemed to do a good job.
We had a 55K massey Harris fitted with a Perkins 6354, and bomber tyres. That was a goood tractor. Would pull tandem 16 row seeders no problemo. Dad sold it and got a 766 Inter ... pos couldn't handle the same equipment the old 55k did

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
12 years 10 months ago #52669 by bigcam
You could buy the Ford motor as an industrial motor, as well as a Marine version, both of these stood straight up.

I remember reading a Power farming magazine back in the late '70s. About someone in S.A. or W.A. who built an articulated tractor out of two Fordson backends.

Also seem to remember It was pretty common to repower the Super major, with the ford six cylinder motor out the D series trucks. You could buy a kit, including a sump to stand the slant six up and fit to the old girls

More
12 years 10 months ago #52670 by q4016lanz
Yes thats right bigcam i have a power major with a industrail six in it and a super six county with the same motor they are the same patern as the four cylinder :) :) john

More
12 years 10 months ago #52671 by The Learner
is that the worlds biggest chamberlin there
it would have to be six wheel drive wouldnt it just thinking out loud
cheers ;D ;D ;D

You learn something new every day

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds