Skip to main content

Information on NTK bulldozers

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #59616 by
Replied by on topic Re: Information on NTK bulldozers
OzFarm - Yes, it was always most unfortunate, wasn't it? .. that any of those troublesome tractors that caught fire, usually had a drum of fuel thrown on the flames, to try and put it out? .. by sheer accident of course! ..
It was always related to the insurance assessor, that they thought that the drum contained water! Silly buggers!! .. ;D ;D

The biggest convenient factor of course, was that fuel lines were down low, and if there any rubber hoses in the fuel lines, once the fire got into the belly guard, you had a self-feeding fire! :o
Seen some excitement when that happened during clearing operations, and the tractor wasn't supposed to burn! :D

It's amazing how much dirt you can scrape up off hard ground with your bare hands, once a fire is well and truly under way in the engine bay!! ;D ;D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #59617 by ozfarm
the sales person used to spot a dozer working and approach the driver, is this yours etc etc, then the pitch would lead in to x amount of work etc etc

if the driver was keen and wanted to get ahead and didnt know enough to run away screaming ,he would get signed up and get put on a machine of his own, after a while, the work would dry up , the dozer being somewhat unreliable , the hapless owner in up to his neck and then the hitachi would catch alight , caught on a stump that was smouldering :'( or leaves in the belly pan that would burst into flames :'(

rather nasty fault them tractors had

saw a To9 at a clearing sale some yrs ago, seemed rather rusty and had rather a large pile of parts to go with it.
a dealer bought it, over the next few yrs, used to see a hitachi TO9 and many spares for sale ad appear

often wondered if some poor hapless soul bought it :'( :'( :'(

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 7 months ago #59618 by Swishy

U jokers way over yonder on the Left

Seem to suggest

a case of "Jewish Lightning" struk again

LOL

Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 7 months ago #59619 by kenny-mopar
sounds like backin the 60s the japanese dozers were a long way behind in reliability compared to their cars ! . . . a shame ... also looks like ive found worse brands than the old internation "TD" series of dozers ;)

More
11 years 3 months ago #59620 by wrecker les
Hi,
It's les Stewart here, just equiring Bout you NTK dozers you have for sale, my phone number is (02) 63674661 and my email is w.hyatte@hotmail.com if you could contact me that would be great.
Cheers
Les

More
11 years 3 months ago #59621 by ianoz

Hi,
It's les Stewart here, just equiring Bout you NTK dozers you have for sale, my phone number is (02) 63674661 and my email is w.hyatte@hotmail.com if you could contact me that would be great.
Cheers
Les

Les It has been 18 months since he was online here . If you go to his profile you can send him an email ,which would be the best why to contact him .

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds