Skip to main content

Information on NTK bulldozers

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #59606 by Chocs
At least a collector could pull em to bits and use a few parts, sell even more parts and then.... ring the scrap man.....

just an observation....

chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59607 by Chocs

Kenny, do you mean, what do they wiegh?

;)

chocs 8-)

More
12 years 9 months ago #59608 by kenny-mopar
that question has 2 meanings ....scrap value to some ... and what size crane do i need if i drop that dozer on my foot ?

More
12 years 9 months ago #59609 by Jlove
Hi.
They owe me $7,000.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #59610 by Jlove
[im [/img]This is the NTK 7. This is the NTK 6
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Jlove.

More
12 years 8 months ago #59611 by kenny-mopar
another Japanese brand that was sold here is Hitachi ... any good or also a unknown quantity ?

12 years 8 months ago #59612 by
Replied by on topic Re: Information on NTK bulldozers
Kenny - The first Hitachi bulldozers appeared around the mid-1960's, and appeared in two models, the TO-9 and the T-113.
Both of these machines were total disasters, and anyone who owned them, spent more time fixing them than working them.

A local bulldozing bloke by the name of Bernie Smith, who originated from Collie, but who worked the entire S.W. wheatbelt area from the mid 1950's, ended up with both a T0-9 and a T-113, in the early 1970's.

Bernie Smith was tied up with "Nobby" Dorsett, a local multi-millionaire, who ran a finance house in Bunbury (Dorsett Finance, of course!).
Nobby was a real old character, originally a car dealer in Collie, in the 1930's, I believe, and he made a vast amount of money selling war surplus in the late 1940's.
He was into land development on a big scale .. owned the majority of shares in Coventry Motor Replacements .. and was a bit of a terror in boardrooms, and in any businesses he owned (and he owned a lot of them!).

Anyway, apparently, Bernie and Nobby were good mates, and Bernie ended up virtually running machines for Nobby that Nobby had repossessed.

These two Hitachi's were repo's of Nobby's, and Bernie used to run all over the countryside in an old Falcon, and a caravan, doing dams and clearing with them.
He was in "opposition" to me, as a dozing contractor, but still managed to have a few loyal farmers for clients, in my main operations area.
Of course, with mostly repossessed machines to contract with .. and with two Hitachi's as his main machines, he wasn't a great threat!

Those Hitachi's used to sit for weeks on a job, broken down and waiting for parts. Old Bernie would rock up one day in his Falcon, and fix them up, and do a few days work .. and they'd break down again!
I dunno how he kept it up, it would make a grown man cry, they way they performed (or actually, didn't perform). Bernie did drink a lot .. ;D ;D

The agency for the Hitachi dozers was held by a bunch of shonks who reckoned they were going to give Cat a run for their money. They sold a handful, and then the sales fell away to nothing, as soon as the Hitachi's dreadful reputation got around.
There's still a couple of these old Hitachis around W.A. somewhere. I still have manuals and brochures on them.

Hitachi withdrew from the earthmoving scene for quite a long time, then came back in the late 1980's, with the best excavators the world had seen.
The new Hitachi excavators soon got a reputation for being better than Komatsu excavators, and soon they were everywhere in the Goldfields of W.A.
They were certainly a far cry from those first Hitachi dozers, that would break a millionaire. :)

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #59613 by ianoz
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThere is a Hitachi dozer on Ebay at Present
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by ianoz.

12 years 8 months ago #59614 by
Replied by on topic Re: Information on NTK bulldozers
Ian, that Hitachi dozer will make an excellent ornament to put up on a pole outside your front gate. I couldn't think of any better use for them .. ;) ;D ;D

More
12 years 8 months ago #59615 by ozfarm
they used to finance dozer drivers into there own machine, being on tick they where insured

ins premiums on bulldozers used to be relatively cheap until the hitachis appeared

apart from being rather unreliable they also had a nasty habit of bursting into flames

rather bad fault that

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds