Skip to main content

Photos from Kumbia rally QLD Australia

More
12 years 7 months ago #62612 by q4016lanz
Hi i took a few pics on the weekend of the tractors check out the grill on the brown :) :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #62613 by
John, that's an absolutely mint Cat D2. She looks like she just drove off the factory floor. Late model idlers, all the paint colours and decals correct, and mint track gear .. the nicest D2 I've seen in years!

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #62614 by q4016lanz
Hi here is some mor pics from THe rally THE OLD ALLIS IS A E-20-35

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by q4016lanz.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 7 months ago #62615 by Swishy

Ianzzzz
Gudday M8

Gr8 Pix
keep m Cummin

eye aint upto speed with ol tractors
but iz th@ Vickers a rarey

sum info eye've flogged off the net

1925 Vickers 'Aussie' Tractor
When introduced in 1925 the Vickers-Aussie was designed and built by the Vickers Ltd. of Sheffield England, specifically for the expanding tractor market in Australia. A 30hp petrol/kerosene (TVO) fuelled engine provided power to the rear axle through a three forward and one reverse gear transmission.
The Vickers Aussie bore a distinct similarity to the McCormick Deering 15-30 tractor of 1924. Both tractors were powered by four-stroke four-cylinder engines with a bore and of 4.5 and stroke of 6 inches producing 30hp at 1,000 rpm. (15hp at the drawbar and 30hp at the belt pulley) The carburettor in both cases was of of the 'moist air' type which came into effect once the engine was warm and the change had been made to kerosene after having started with petrol. Water was used to prevent knocking when under load, the capacity of both petrol and the water tanks was four gallons each, the main kerosene (TVO) tank held 18 gallons.
A very distinctive feature of the Vickers Aussie were the Kendall and James patented rear wheels. Each drive wheel consisted of three sections, between each section was a fixed 'comb' to flush out and soil or debris that might otherwise adhere to the wheel rims and grips. The manufacturer claimed in advertising that: "The Kendall-James wheel will not slip when the going is most difficult and will give 100% efficiency when conditions are ideal". Another claim from the Implement and Machinery Review of 1925 stated: "With its special wheels the Vickers could work easily where an ordinary tractor would be bogged down and where a man on foot would sink into the ground 'to the top of his boots'. It opened up a new and brighter era for power-farming.

The Vickers-Aussie 'British-built throughout' was last sold in Australia in 1930. At that time the distributors were offering the final Mark IV version rated at 23hp at the drawbar and 40hp at the belt pulley.

www.tractordata.co.uk

Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

12 years 7 months ago #62616 by
What great lot of tractors and it's good to so many different models and not a GREY FERGIE in sight . Dave :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #62617 by q4016lanz
There were a few fergys but i have never seen so many P6 fordsons in one place

12 years 7 months ago #62618 by
Is that a turbo 360 or 380 Ford diesel that I spy in that old Fordson?? .. :o

Man, I wonder how he manages to keep axles and rear ends together in it?? .. ::)

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #62619 by q4016lanz
Having trouble uploading a video from brads phone.
Here is some more pics from kingaroy rally :)

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by q4016lanz.

More
12 years 7 months ago #62620 by ozfarm
methinks ozfamine and wunnotsosharptak has seen that same vickers at the national rally in pinjarra

12 years 7 months ago #62621 by
I don't recall seeing the Vickers. However, I didn't get to see every single thing that was on display. Could have something to do, with doing more BS-ing to people, than making sure I saw every single item on display! :D

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds