Skip to main content

8V92 powered gray fergie

More
12 years 5 months ago #67726 by ute253
sorry guys no photo here but check out the front page and article in todays Weekly Times, just what swishy ordered a screaming smokin' fergie :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Diamond T P3320 x 2&&Studebaker US6 6x6&&HQ GTS Coupe&&HQ ute&&HG ut

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #67727 by kenny-mopar
the 8V92 would of been a good factory option :P

More
12 years 5 months ago #67728 by hayseed
The Vanguard Motor'd Lug better though :-* :-*

Just teasing Swishy ;)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #67729 by
Replied by on topic Re: 8V92 powered gray fergie
Ute253 - I don't know which Weekly Times publication you're talking about. There's about 3 or 4 Weekly Times newspapers.
However, I'm guessing its the Weekly Times Now? Can't find an 8V-92 powered TEA-20, but I can find hundreds of pics of machinery and car shows in their picture galleries, that are pretty interesting.

www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/on-farm.html

(Click on the ole Wolseley grille photo, and then in the pop-up photo page there's a big list of shows on the RHS. I saw an early 1930's British Chevrolet truck in there [Cora Lynn show], it must be Deadly Daves twin brother ;D )

Here's a bloke in Europe with a Duramax in a later model MF tractor. You can see what he thinks of the latest electronic fuel injection BS, he threw it all away and put on a belt drive Minimax fuel injection pump!
The Duramax is pumping out 620 HP at 5,200 RPM, which says something for Isuzu engineering!

www.thedieselpage.com/readers/dmaxmasseyc.htm

More
12 years 5 months ago #67730 by craig308

12 years 5 months ago #67731 by
Ahh, O.K., it's in the current edition of the Weekly Times, which is subscription only, and not available on line to the general public.
The 8V-92 would impose some massive strain on the drivetrain, I dunno how long it would last if you opened it up?

Here's a German fella mit der 8.2L Cadillac-powered Fergy, apparently in the "testing phase".
It appears to be one of those magic Cadillacs, that doesn't require coolant? I don't reckon that Cadillac is going to be too flash internally, after that little run.
The manufacturers all warn that the recommended run time with no coolant, is about 30 seconds. :-?

If you let the video run right through, the following video shows a really nice Chev SB conversion of a grey Fergy.
That video is followed by another, showing a couple of clowns with V6 in a Fergy doing clutch-dropping wheelspins, that will be guaranteed to end in about 20 mins time, when a drivetrain component breaks .. :'(

More
12 years 5 months ago #67732 by Mike Moore

1971 International ACCO &&1971 International 564 &&196? Nuffield BMC mini &&

12 years 5 months ago #67733 by
Mike - It sure looks like the same grey Fergie to me! .. although fitted with a somewhat better condition grille!

Here's the Weekly Times story link, and here's the WT photo of the beast. I think this bloke must have waa-ay too much time on his hands ... ::)

www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2011/1...0061_enthusiast.html

More
12 years 5 months ago #67734 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: 8V92 powered gray fergie
I'm not surprised the Fire Brigade is in the back ground with the amount of smoke comning out of the chimneys, is that euro 3, or the california spec?

More
12 years 5 months ago #67735 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: 8V92 powered gray fergie
Is that the Shell "fuel tanker" beside the Scania fire truck. If I had that my next door neighbour would be ringing the EPA every time it was fired up. I would'nt be able to plow me paddock with it. :o :) ;) :D ;D

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds