Skip to main content

Another new toy

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #69166 by ianoz
Another new toy was created by ianoz
We got this home the other day .
Fiat 60 CI, Nice straight old tractor ; I stuffed up , could this be moved please :-[.

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by ianoz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #69167 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Another new toy
moved as requested

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
12 years 4 months ago #69168 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Another new toy
What goes Ian, a Mack and a bulldozer in a short time. You must have been a very good boy, or has Xmas come early. Can you give us some more detail about the Fiat please? Cheers Geoff

More
12 years 4 months ago #69169 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Another new toy
Hi Geoff , What sort of details do you want ? .. It goes sort of , Hopefully its just a fuel blockage problem ..It has been well looked after from what we can see . First machine we have every got that actually had inhibitor in the radiator .Big plus with fiat motors as the head studs all go though the water jacket . Have owned it for 12 months , and the moon and stars finally alligned for it to get a ride north .

The real Chrismas present hopefully will arrive before Xmas :).

More
12 years 4 months ago #69170 by Malfunction
Replied by Malfunction on topic Re: Another new toy
I nearly got one 60ci 25 years ago, it was a choice of that or a wheel tractor, I still have the David Brown, but the Fiat was my sentimental choice! Still have a soft spot for the tracks.
I saw for the first time this year one set of tracks with an alloy Alfa Romeo motor, can't remember the breed though.

More
12 years 4 months ago #69171 by ianoz
With an Alfa romeo Engine ,Probably would be an Alsondo

More
12 years 4 months ago #69172 by bigcam

More
12 years 4 months ago #69173 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Another new toy
G'day Ian,
Fiat's are not so common and few crawlers make it to rally's for a look-see, so I was asking about age, motor size, features and that sort of stuff. Cheers

More
12 years 4 months ago #69174 by ianoz
Well , Have not researched it much yet , But 60CI should be 60 HP , It looks to have had a pilot motor fitted originaly ,but now electric start .Fiats do things a bit different ,the hand clutch engages the oppisite way round to every thing else . I would say it is a 1950s odd year build , the earlier model fiats before this one had steering wheels , instead of levers . It looks to be about a D46u size machine .. We have a 70 CI ,which is about D4D size .. This year , when we went out to Biloela , we took our Fowler sanders 3.30 1935 ish model , Fowler VF .1948 model and Trackmarshall 55 1950 something model .

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #69175 by
Replied by on topic Re: Another new toy
Ian - That's correct, the Fiat 60CI is 60HP. They were built from 1956 to about 1962, when the 70CI model replaced it.

Pretty robust little tractors, they had a good, well-deserved reputation. I had one farmer who went damsinking contracting against my 2 x D6C's with a Fiat 70CI .. and I thought he'd be out of business in a year or two .. but that little Fiat worked like a trojan for years, and he was always a thorn in my side, stealing my jobs! :D

The "CI" stands for "carro industriale" .. which translates basically, as "cart, industrial". A slightly better translation would perhaps be "industrial wagon".

The tractor with the Alfa-Romeo diesel in bigcams pics is an Ansaldo. Alfa-Romeo made better sports cars than they did diesels .. and any bulldozer is better than an Ansaldo.
Nonetheless, a few Ansaldo's have actually survived. I think it was because most were put up on blocks by disgusted owners, when they were nearly new .. :D

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds