Skip to main content

animal

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #108577 by q4016lanz
Replied by q4016lanz on topic Re: animal
I remember that cymro That was a long time ago
THere was a big old ford that pushed them in the water in the demolition derbey :)
John
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by q4016lanz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #108578 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: animal
We used to go to Daylesford speedway all the time and I remember one time the blokes toilet was out of bounds as a tiger snake had come out of the scrub and taken up residence in there and no amount of poking was going to make it move. Luckily there was plenty of trees. Any one remember the Bushwhackers who had 2 green Ford Mainline utes and used to race there?

11 years 2 months ago #108579 by
Replied by on topic Re: animal
...off topic ...blah ..blah.. we used to watch Redline (Ballaarat) speedway on TV on a Sunday arvo when we were kids and if had been a pretty ordinary sat'dee night...they would chuck up what happened at Daylesford as a bit of a filler 8-) 8-) ;D :o :o

More
11 years 2 months ago #108580 by towie
Replied by towie on topic Re: animal
bushwacker,s 1&2 belonged to the campbell bros romsey, always stayed for butchers picnic [ last car running] sitting on grand stand in middle of track [ semitrailer] . stock cars towed by a bar so you could push the tow cars up the hills on the way to track and home

More
11 years 2 months ago #108581 by towie
Replied by towie on topic Re: animal
sorry if i got animal location wrong, it looked alot like the one at newham sawmill that lee ager built ,

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #108582 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: animal
Choc's father & I ran old humpy holdens back then & used an "A" bar for towing. We used to go to the Ballarat speedway(can't remember the name of the park) but it was further in than Redline, which came later. We used to run the engine on both cars going up Bunninyong on the way back to Geelong & if someone was going a bit slow we'd hook the hotrod into gear, round'em up, pull back in & switch off.Ofcourse you needed two drivers to do it.
Memories. cya Tim ;) ;D Hmm, definitely off topic.

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by tim.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #108583 by
Replied by on topic Re: animal
...still off topic Tim .. thinking back, i've got a fair feeling that the Redline speedway races were on a Sunday afternoon...although we only saw the previous weeks' action the following week....and also only occasionally operated on Saturday nights...possibly not to interfere with Daylesford ??? :-/ :-/

More
11 years 2 months ago #108584 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: animal
I'm thinkin it was Monza Park... (Buninyong Speedway)
but i was only a liitle bloke when all this was taking place ...

Better make an allowance there for a memory deficiency :D

chocs 8-)

More
11 years 2 months ago #108585 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: animal
Choc's, Nah, no memory deficiency there it was Monza Park, turn off to the right & in the bush. cya Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds