Skip to main content

New membership

• H
  • Topic Author
7 years 1 month ago #180385 by H
New membership was created by H
Howdy
I've got a heavy vehicle that's eligible for club rego, I haven't been involved with a club before. Could a member give me a dummies guide to joining with a vehicle please?

Am I able to take it out for a Sunday drive if I feel like it?
Do I have to attend club meetings?

Who does the road worthy? A club member or is it taken for a normal heavy vehicle inspection?

TIA Sunbury area

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #180394 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic New membership
Hello H,
Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure if you see the same screen I do, but on mine, there is a "Join the HCVCA" box near the top. If you cannot see that, email HCVCA or look on the club website.

You will have to get a Roadworthy from a normal heavy vehicle inspector. It pays to find one who is sympathetic to old vehicles. Ian Lees is in your general area and may be able to help. I cannot remember his business name but google "Ian Lees truck restorations" or a variation of that.

Once you have joined an eligible club, such as HCVCA and got your RWC and Club Plates, you can drive the vehicle at any time and anywhere, up to the 45 or 90 days per year (depending on which one you pay for) and for any purpose AS LONG AS IT IS NOT FOR HIRE OR REWARD. This means you can use it to carry/tow anything of your own and can carry/tow someone else's goods, so long as they do not pay you. A share of fuel costs is allowable.

The HCVCA does not have any compulsory attendance requirements but meetings and events are a great source of mateship, information and parts.

I expect that a Moderator or other person who helps to maintain this forum will post a reply to you, with more information.

Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
7 years 1 month ago #180396 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic New membership
I can't add much more to Morris's reply. I think Ian Lee's business name is Tylden Heritage.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• H
  • Topic Author
7 years 1 month ago #180398 by H
Replied by H on topic New membership
I'm not a registered member, and the previous has been locked out to public
Just a thanks to Morris, the info on New Membership was exactly what I was after :-)

Moderators: Sargehayseedjimbo51
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds