Skip to main content

Ar110 International

• Kylie
  • Topic Author
6 years 11 months ago #182091 by Kylie
Ar110 International was created by Kylie
Can anyone tell me how to remove rear brake drums from an Ar110 1954 Inter? They are on a keyway. Do you have to use a puller to get them off?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182095 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Ar110 International
Yes, you need a puller. The hubs and drums come off as one unit. The puller has to pull on the studs. Use the best one you can get hold of, chinese ones will often break doing this. You may need heat, as well.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 11 months ago #182097 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Ar110 International
Do not/repeat do not pull against the end of the shaft.It is very soft and will mushroom,ruining the shaft.You must make up a thrust piece that sits against the end of the axle with the thread inside.A very common fault with these rear ends is breakage of the thrust piece inside the diff.This spaces the axle shafts so that the taper bearing are correctly adjusted.If the bearing adjustment is loose,its likely this piece is broken.Add brakes so weak that you wont ever stop ,and the whole lot is not good.Especially when a Falcon back end had the same stud pattern and better brakes,and can change over.Regards John.

Moderators: Sargehayseedjimbo51
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds