Skip to main content

Logging in?

More
6 years 8 months ago #185567 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Logging in?

werkhorse wrote: Well... Tonight I fired up the computer... Asked me to log in.... Normally my browser remembers me... Typed it all in and now it's blocked me because "The System has determined something is wrong and has blocked your access for a period of time"

First time it's ever done that... In all the years I've been here

I did put up a post a month or so ago saying that people may get blocked if they have more than five tries to login with an incorrect password. It is a new'ish security measure to stop the automated processes, bots, from being able to have to many goes at guessing a password and gaining access. The block only last for an hour the first time but it will prevent all access, even just viewing, to the website and forum. After your hour in the sin bin is up you have 5 more attempts to remember your password.

Terry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #185584 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Logging in?
All seems good tonight ..... I only tried the once last time ... and used the same password which worked tonight ..... maybe I wasn't holding my mouth right LOL

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by werkhorse.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sargehayseedjimbo51
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds