Skip to main content

What Model is this International Drott?

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211276 by Gryphon
via Forum email inbox.....

I am have just bought a old international drott that I'm doing up and need to find out what model it is can't find anything online.

Josephine.

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Gryphon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211279 by cobbadog
Nice looking machine. I am not up to date with models in the earth moving side but I can operate these old ones fairly well. The serial number to me is unusual as compared to tractors. Have you tried to Google the serial number? What is behind the guard at the bottom of the grille? Is it the hydraulic pump? I used to think these started with a T in the serial numbers.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211280 by Mrsmackpaul
Looks to be based on either a TD 6 or BTD 6, sorry cant be much more help than that

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 10 months ago #211287 by Lang
Drott was the sole supplier of loader attachments for International Harvester crawler tractors in the 1950s, until International introduced their own line of integral loaders. It developed the first multi-purpose bucket; dubbed the 4-in-1 bucket, it gets its name from its four functions: dozer, clamshell, bucket and scraper. The 4-in-1-line became the basis for International Harvester’s crawler loader line. In the UK they were colocally known as "Drotts" (and the term was often used for other makes of tracked loader like JCB was used for all makes wheeled backhoe loaders) Model nomenclature: Drott model numbers had a prefix that matched the model number for the tractor; i.e., the TD6 used a 6K3 loader. An “A” suffix indicated a later improved version.

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 10 months ago #211291 by Swishy
Think n Inter used daiffernt numbers/models
100, 125, 150, 175 etc

WotSezU?
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211296 by Lang
Still no year yet but the machine is:
A6K3B on the data plate.

A -Australian build
6- TD6 size machine
K3 - Drott Company bucket design and size
B- Second upgrade on the bucket (no suffix original, A suffix first upgrade)

Looks late 50's

Swishy, Your photo shows a later machine after International started making their own buckets. It is probably 60's or even later.

Lang
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Lang.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211297 by Dave_64
Possibly getting a bit sidetracked, by the numbers shown in the photo??
You can JUST make out the wording "Built in Australia by IHC blah blah"
Next plate saying "made under arrangement with Drott Man. of Milwaukee..................."
As stated here, IHC had almost exclusive rights to "DROTT" and "SKID-SHOVEL" in Australia.
That "A 6 B K 3" to me looks like the model # of the TRACTOR itself???
The "5 3 1" series # COULD possibly be the series of the actual attachment. i.e. the front end loader with the clamshell bucket.
Just a WAG.
Only IHC stuff I recall had a string of numbers with a couple of letters FIRST, e.g. TD 15-18-20-24-25 etc
Also had the BTD series.
Possibly the A 6 B K was a designation specifically for front -end-loaders??
Like I said, a WAG at best.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211298 by Dave_64
Pretty sure Lang has it nailed right there, either built on a TD or BTD 6 running gear, maybe the A 6 K relates to either the DROTT portion or IHC's designation to seperate it from a dozers designation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211329 by JOHN.K.
I think its an A100,aka T D 6......the diff is a BTD is british and will have a different motor to a US made one.........However ,to the nitty gritty ......these inters were a right POS ,IMHO the only Inters ever any good were post 1960 ,the TD15B,and TD 20 ,correcponding loaders the 175 and 250......After IH took over the Jumbo factory ,the motors improved and small machines were all German ,well made ,but highly complicated ,as German stuff is...........My advice is go through the whole tractor carefully before spending one more dollar .....usually they are moneypits with ripoff prices for s/h spares ....if you can get them.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211331 by Sarge
Lang is on the money as usual, as I learned it some place, A is australian, B is British, T is track, D is diesel, this system followed thru on all its 50, 60, & 70's machines. AFAIK. So a tractor expert will clarify the engine etc.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Moderators: Sargehayseedjimbo51
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds