Skip to main content

Commer Pics...

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #9356 by paul404
Commer Pics... was created by paul404
heres some pictures of my recent purchase...
1972 commer.
453GM
Allison Auto
2 speed No4 eaton
i don't quite know what to do with it yet. i mainly wanted the engine for another project. it was used to transport a drott. i picked it up from brisbane and drove it back to rockhampton. the diff housing was clean when i started but is now well lubricated!! and so was the prado! lol other than that it didnt miss a beat. the other half said you must be stuffed when we got home, but i told her its no different than spending a day in the k108 that i drive every day! loud and cramped! at least the commer has an excuse it was made in 1972 not 2008! anyway hope you enjoy the pics thanks paul.

Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by paul404.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #9357 by monty
Replied by monty on topic Re: Commer Pics...
nice work, like the exhaust clamps

-Monty

More
14 years 11 months ago #9358 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Commer Pics...
Sounds like you had a bit of fun, Paul. If you haven't visited it already, have a look at www.commer.org.nz as a start for all things Commer. Howard Pettigrew's contact details will be on the site and he'll be able to put you in touch with all sorts of Commer bods if you aren't already talking to some.

I also know of a bloke (only by email chats) in WA who has restored some of these later Commers and can drop him a line if you want to chat.

All the best with her.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 11 months ago #9359 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Commer Pics...

Sounds like you had a bit of fun, Paul. If you haven't visited it already, have a look at www.commer.org.nz as a start for all things Commer. Howard Pettigrew's contact details will be on the site and he'll be able to put you in touch with all sorts of Commer bods if you aren't already talking to some.

I also know of a bloke (only by email chats) in WA who has restored some of these later Commers and can drop him a line if you want to chat.

All the best with her.

Andy,

Would Bruce Gunter (cunningstunt) be the first point of call for Aussie Commer enthusiasts???

I also remember that Commer VC prime mover from Canowindra that's a regular at the Golden Oldies show - Paul's truck looks similar to that!

Joe

More
14 years 11 months ago #9360 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Commer Pics...
thanks andy, not quite sure what to do with it yet, im waiting on a 71 international loadstar to turn up that i purchased. i might put my efforts in to that and sell the commer minus the engine and gearbox.. not sure yet you know how it is. i think i would like to go back to the original engine if i did. there is one at a wreckers here cut off behind the cab with the engine and gearbox still in it. i dont know what they want for it though. looking at the length of it could it have been a prime mover originally?

More
14 years 11 months ago #9361 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Commer Pics...

thanks andy, not quite sure what to do with it yet, im waiting on a 71 international loadstar to turn up that i purchased. i might put my efforts in to that and sell the commer minus the engine and gearbox.. not sure yet you know how it is. i think i would like to go back to the original engine if i did. there is one at a wreckers here cut off behind the cab with the engine and gearbox still in it. i dont know what they want for it though. looking at the length of it could it have been a prime mover originally?

Paul,

Would love some pics of the LoadStar for my website - that is, if you want to!

PM me for my email address!

Joe

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #9362 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Commer Pics...

Would Bruce Gunter (cunningstunt) be the first point of call for Aussie Commer enthusiasts???

Joe, Bruce would be a good person to talk to but since he is a member of this forum, I wasn't going to speak for him as he would come across this thread evetually. Howard is renowned for his Commer network and his NZ contacts would be as beneficial as Bruce's contacts around Australia - plus his website is a one-stop shop for Commer intel.

I can see where you're coming from, Paul. Good luck with both the Commer and the Loadstar. She almost looks the right length for a little agi. Probably wishful thinking on my behalf there though.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
14 years 11 months ago #9363 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Commer Pics...
Hi paul404, I wondered what the screeming roar was the other day. IT must have been you passing through benaraby .There is a loadstar on ebay at the moment out at emerald. I have been thinking about the atkinson ,the guys got where you got the commer .Did you see it and what was it like .ian.

More
14 years 11 months ago #9364 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Commer Pics...
hi ian, i have seen the loadstar on ebay and was thinking about ringing. which atkinson were you looking at? there was a red one at gunalda with a 671. it looked ok but i didnt look inside it. there was another one at narangba and i think he said it had a 8v92 in it. i didnt look at it really. the owner was more than helpful though so it wouldnt be a wasted trip to look at them, paul

More
14 years 10 months ago #9365 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Commer Pics...
Hi Paul, A little bird told me you have recieved delivery of your loadstar, It a good thing?.ian.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds