Skip to main content

Old Inter AA

More
10 years 4 months ago #130256 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Old Inter AA
That was what the authorities quoted at conversion and what I use so if Mr Plod asks the question I can pass the blame.
However when calculated 60mph using my phone it is 96.56 kmh which is probably close enough but expect to be rounded up.
Some people use a GPS with a speed readout to try and be more accurate given the swaying needle in most old speedos and modern enforcement.
For further reference every 10kmh is 6.2 mph so 100kmh is 62 mph. For ease I work on 6 mph being 10 kph to make mental calculations easier when driving but neither of my oldies will break the 100kmh mark.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #130257 by Jumbo
Replied by Jumbo on topic Re: Old Inter AA
Kain's AA Inters. . Kain's trucks being transported

RFW # 116 - 4x2

More
10 years 4 months ago #130258 by spc383
Replied by spc383 on topic Re: Old Inter AA
Some new tyres and some headlights and the little 110 will be good to go. Nice work they look like great projects.

More
10 years 4 months ago #130259 by Kane
Replied by Kane on topic Re: Old Inter AA
yes the truck is already running, needs a few things done, like the master cylinder, and the radiator needs soldering, ute need a little more love

More
10 years 4 months ago #130260 by Kane
and at some point some little vandals, broke the passenger and driver glass and the rear window, aswell as set the seat and floor mat on fire, need to rebuild most of the innards on the tray, and possibly change the motor out in the ute, put a small diesel, or a 351 In it

More
10 years 4 months ago #130261 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: Old Inter AA
Hi Kane.
I found the old AA adverts I had for the AA. All the pictures are AA148 or AA160. Most have the later style grill, not the one you have which is nicer. Sorry, there isn't much extra info in the ads.

Dennis

More
10 years 4 months ago #130262 by Kane
ok thanks for that, I do agree with you there it has that look that says, here I am.

More
10 years 4 months ago #130263 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: Old Inter AA
Isn't the mesh grille the later one? Comes with AB style gauges. (4 instead of 2, + speedo)much nicer looking, IMHO. (jealous, by the way!)

ASW.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 4 months ago #130264 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: Old Inter AA
ASW, I was under the impression that the mesh grill came from the US for the first run of the AA then they introduced the chunky Aussie made grill, but I could be wrong (usually am). I do agree that the mesh grill looks cool. The AA has to be one of the best looking Inters. That ute must have looked pretty flash in its day.

Dennis

More
10 years 4 months ago #130265 by Kane
As far as I know my Ute and truck are both either 59/60 not sure wether that is late in the production or early, but yes I think the real early ones had the mainly American A style bar grille where a little later they had the mesh, I'm only guessing here

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds