Skip to main content

Old Inter AA

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #130266 by geoffa
Replied by geoffa on topic Re: Old Inter AA
Re grille inserts.

According to the AA Line parts book I have the two bar grille was 'early production' and was available in plain (part number 162 398 R11) and chrome (part number162 397 R91)

The mesh grille was 'late production' (part number 197 942 R1).

No chassis numbers or build dates are mentioned.

The A Line was introduced in the USA in 1957. It had the two bar grille and a single headlight on each side. The next model was the B Line introduced in February 1959. It had the mesh grille and vertically stacked quad headlights.The AA Line (Australian A Line) in Australia with the mesh grille looks the same as the B Line in the USA.

The AB (Australian B Line), C Line & D Line trucks produced in Australia are different to any American models. All the cabins, mudguards and bonnets for these models were made by Chrysler in South Australia.

Removeable exterior body panels on these three models and AT4/D5N Dodges are mostly interchangeable with each other but not with the AA Line cab.

As far as I know the doors, mudguards and bonnets from these models cannot be fitted to an AA Line cab.

Geoff.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by geoffa.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #130267 by Kane
Replied by Kane on topic Re: Old Inter AA
cheers thanks for that

More
10 years 4 months ago #130268 by hanknick
Replied by hanknick on topic Re: Old Inter AA
with the question of parts interchangeability between the AA inter ,ab,c,d and dodge at4 and d5n.From the windscreen back inc the windscreen, dash, glovebox , gbox cover , door seals , 1/4 vent windows, door internals, wipers,wiper motor, rear window, seat etc etc are interchangeable with the others mentioned except the D5n outside door handles.This makes it easier to restore the AA, i have a AA cab and have used parts from all of the above to complete my AA cab, without any mods at all. im looking for a decent bonnet to complete the front clip.

More
10 years 4 months ago #130269 by Kane
ok nice, ill have to source some nice quarters for the aa110, and rear window, might even think about it for the aa182, cheerz

More
10 years 4 months ago #130271 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: Old Inter AA
The bar grill was from the yankie A line, while the mesh grill was from the yankie B line. These cabs were imported in bits and while the yanks had gone onto the B series in 1959, Australia stayed with the AA for a bit longer till their AB series came out in 1962. Hence late AA serie have the Yankie B series mesh grill.
Early yankie a series have single head lights that came out in 1957

More
10 years 4 months ago #130272 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Old Inter AA
Kane, just to the right of your photo in photo bucket there is a box Links to share this photo.... click on the image code it will probably tell you it auto copied (otherwise copy it) and paste it in your post, preview to check results.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
10 years 4 months ago #130273 by Kane
[IMG

[IMG

I need to attend to a few bonnet repairs on the truck, and possibly consider fixing the brakes, the fluid ends up on your feet after a little while, :) and a new starter solenoid, needs a few taps with a bar every now and then

More
10 years 4 months ago #130274 by Kane
hey I saw this truck yesterday on the for sale page does anyone know where the hood ornament came from, looks good on the truck
[IMG

More
10 years 4 months ago #130275 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Old Inter AA
FC Holden 1958

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds