Skip to main content

Back here and with a new project

More
9 years 5 months ago #151860 by RTAT4660
G'day all, The names Ross, I have been gone a few years now but I am back (wife left me) and I have a new project.
Just got myself a 1975 D5N 300 245 I will upload pictures of it and the compliance panels, any help with the option codes would be appreciated. I think it has been repainted at some time as I think it has a white colour code and it is painted red. Also it has a AT4 front nose on it with the dual head lights. look forward to your comments and input

'Dats Just Dodgy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #151861 by RTAT4660
Follow-up, I pulled out my old service manual and this seems to be how the plates decipher, let me know if I have it wrong please
D5N 3560-A-FB24-0742
300 series, 153" Wheelbase, 6 cyl (245ci HD), Tandem axle, Cab chassis
Dulux 8653 - Arctic White?
Option Codes
D01 = Vacuum booster
T04 = Tyres 7.5 x 16 x 8
Other Should be
Transmission NP 435
Axle Spicer 70

'Dats Just Dodgy
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by RTAT4660.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #151862 by asw120
Just looked at mine 3/79 - D5N3560A/KC08/1715
Mine's 153" 245 4 spd with factory LSD. All these years I thought it was a D60, but it has 3 70 cast into it. I suppose that's a D70. It revved hard on the way home (20 years ago) so I guess 4.55? (but then the manifold coupling gasket was gone, sounds like more revs than it really is).

Dulux 560-15731. It's original white. I'd have to go through my BALM paints books to find that. Maybe yours was an earlier shade, or off-white like so many Valiants. I remember 393 was enamel, I don't remember what 560 was. I thought anything from Dulux was enamel, Dulon was acrylic and Duco was nitrocellulose laquer.

GVM on mine is 4763.....bizarre.

Jarrod.

P.S. I'd love to know all the option codes.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by asw120.

More
9 years 5 months ago #151863 by asw120
RTAT, can you tell me option codes: D01, D20, G13, T04, K01.

Thanks, Jarrod

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
9 years 5 months ago #151864 by RTAT4660
Hi Jarod, I can do better than that I can upload a scan of the specification pages out of the service manual it is a quick and dirty scan but it should be readable, hope it helps
Ross

'Dats Just Dodgy

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #151865 by asw120
"Loadflite".....love it! I'd also love to know where my chrome front bumper went!

Seriously though, this is gold and needs to go where it won't be lost in a few days.

Thanks Ross, Jarrod.

P.S. Moderators: is there somewhere this can be copied to?

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by asw120.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #151866 by RTAT4660
That's a pleasure Jarrod, pity Ipswich is so far away or I would come and have a look see, any of the NSW guys ever get together?

'Dats Just Dodgy
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by RTAT4660.

More
9 years 5 months ago #151867 by bparo
Not really. I have suggested that the main HCVC website should be the repository of this sort of reference information along with a listing of books and manuals in their rather comprehensive library but it needs someone to look after it as well.

I think the idea of having a repository of this sort of information is a great idea and a useful resource for the whole old truck movement but it needs someone closer than 3 hours to the club rooms to coordinate it.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 5 months ago #151868 by RTAT4660
Perhaps we could get a "show of hands" for all the NSW guys within say 3 - 4 hours drive of Sydney and see if we can do something to get together?

'Dats Just Dodgy

More
9 years 5 months ago #151869 by RTAT4660
A few more pic's from the pickup on the back of my mate Mark loader, top guy and although he has heaps of work he is willing to look at work he can organise in advance, he goes all the way west to east as the job demands but prefer to have work both directions, anyway pics

'Dats Just Dodgy

Time to create page: 0.554 seconds