Skip to main content

Bedford interior

More
9 years 3 months ago #154040 by Andrew M
Replied by Andrew M on topic Re: Bedford interior
Thanks so much for the help fellas. Good tips. I was thinking of using mdf. I had heard you could wet it and bend it, so thanks for pulling me up on that Graham. Sounds like bitumen board is the go. Looks like your hood lining is fantastic. Very neat. Thanks for the pics.
Thanks for the encouragement Sarge about the paint. I just remembered my father saying his truck was painted Royal Blue, so that was the colour I ordered. I think it looks great.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #154041 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Bedford interior
Andrew, you are doing a fabulous job there. Before you go too far you need to remember that yours is a pommy cab and had quite a different method of fitting out the interior to the more numerous Holden cabs. One version I have seen was to fix wood strips to the steel work and then the lining (cloth type) was tacked to the wood. Same as bucket seats of the day - plywood strips riveted to the perimeter of the back and material wrapped around padding and tacked to the wood. I reckon your roof lining would have been about 3 wire bows stitched into the material type of lining. IDSTBC on the above
It might pay to hold off until you have seen a pommy cab in the flesh - quite likely to be one at Rocklea in May

More
9 years 3 months ago #154042 by Andrew M
Replied by Andrew M on topic Re: Bedford interior
Thanks Mammoth. I have another truck with the australian built cab. It had a bench seat and virtually all steel interior. It had hood lining wires connected to the cab through holes in the steel. The pommy cab had no sign of holes for wires in the timber frame.
Sounds like a trip to Rocklea in May will be on the calendar.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds