8 years 7 months ago #162534 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Paint wanted
After you roll it put it in the fridge keeps it pliable

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162535 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Re: Paint wanted
Hi fellers,
Been off the air for a few daze. Long storY but think Ladder - fall - head - fence - ouch - ambulance - hospital - stitches - ouch. Stitches needed to stop extra brain matter getting in!

Mrs. Morris was worried might be The Widdow Morris. This be a problem for two reasons: 1. Don't have long black mourning dress. 2. Would have nobody to criticise all day long. On bright side, one phone call to scrappie would clear out shed and yard.

Recovering but watching to see if she buys long black dress.

Thinking about paint problem. Unrolled mirror, it is an f.b.one. (fairly big). That is OK because truck is small enough that I do not need F. B. Mirror. Where can I get pre-sanded undercote and pre-bogged chassis members? Twould save a lot of thyme.

If you lay a sheet of pre- etc. paint out in sun, would it soften enough to mould it on neatly around curves and things, or would the daylight saving overcook it?

:D

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
8 years 6 months ago #162536 by Mac 57
Replied by Mac 57 on topic Re: Paint wanted
Morris,
Whilst your recovering YOUTUBE hydropaint. I found this stuff on google whilst waiting for the plaster cast on my leg to set and after rereading my Working At Heights certificate and it didn't include any info on how to fall from heights and avoid injury. Man this stuff is a whole lot better then pre dried paint. The missus has had the gate post done with a pic of me and takes great pleasure reversing the car into it (hence the roll of pre dried chrome bumper paint) I've had the whole Inter done with a pic of the gf. and can now spend all weekend driving her with great pleasure. Finding a tub big enough to fit the Inter in was a bit of a problem but I got that sorted. Never did like the neighbour and the screaming kids using his pool. Got a mate with a crane to help me get it out and when the neighbour gets back from hols I'll just deny any complicity at all. The uses for this stuff is endless, you can dip a detroit and have it come out looking like a cummins. Dip a Volvo and it will look like a White. I've got a pic of Pamela Anderson lying in the bath at the moment and am trying to convince the missus to do a bellyflop off the vanity and see how that works out for me. I have no doubt that the rest of you blokes can come up with some novel uses.

Cheers Mac.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162537 by Morris
Mac 57'
Thanks for the sympathy,
I googled hydro paint and now I see it all as the blind man said when he could'nt see at all.

That is you-beaut stuff. It even covers up tattoos on your arms. I read the bit entitled "my girlfriend dipped my bits" but it sounds painful.

Pamela Anderson does not do it for me.

She does not do it for you either. She does it for some American actor. I think he calls himself Kid Rock but I may have the name completely wrong.

If I had known that a Working at Heights extifikate would have stopped me falling,
I would have got one, or even two just to be sure.

A friend has a rubber-bumper MGB and he said it could be converted to a chrome bumper type. He would probably buy a metre or two of that chrome bumper paint.

Sore Morris.

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
8 years 6 months ago #163361 by Morris
I have not received my better ideas, so all I can do is drop off my spare sheets of rust (all genuine good quality rust, not your cheap artificial rust) at Mr Mish's place (not Amish, the next wun) on my way to Yarra Glen.

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
8 years 5 months ago #164195 by Morris
This subject certainly appears to have died. No replies to my last two posts. I must be talking to myself. (the Mrs. says I do it all the time)

I dropped off my sheets of rust on my way to Yarra Glen but the man was not home. Probably already there, playing with a big steel box. I suppose it was a generator or a toiletblock for midgets.

He has not thanked me yet. I wonder why?

I hope you all looked for the magnificently restored Morris Commercial in the club colours of Magenta and Gold.

I looked for it too but could not find it. It is not mine, mine is still just a bare chassis frame painted in.........

Wait for it......

WAIT FOR IT......

No peeking now!

Painted in chassis black. :lol:

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
8 years 5 months ago #164199 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Re: Paint wanted
Morris,
Your factual restoration reports are read with interest, rust comes in forms other than sheet, will that chassis black keep it in?
Cheers, David.

More
8 years 5 months ago #164319 by Morris
David,
Oh Sheet!, I hadn't thought of that. Oh well, the rust will probably find a little hole somewhere, to fall out of.

Restoration has ground to a complete stop for a while as work has got in the way. I have been working 16 hours a day, seven days a week for the past six weeks and am now "chief cook and bottle washer" while Mrs. Morris is recovering from knee surgery.

Next job is helping Matey clean out his factory after departing tenants left literally tons of rubbish and filthy offices, lunch room and toilets. After that, maybe Father Christmas will let me have some play time in the shed.

Graham.

I'm gritting my teeth,

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds