Skip to main content

Inter colours

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #165914 by Merrick
Inter colours was created by Merrick
Hi all,
About a year ago I bought an inter C1200 (thread here ).

I'm currently rebuilding the timber tray, and need to repaint much of the metal parts - tray hinges, frames, etc etc.
The whole lot was resprayed many years ago in what I believe is the original colour. The ID plate says Colour: 448
Is there a colour chart around?

From these photos can anyone tell if that is the factory colour and correct to the code 448?

Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Merrick.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #165954 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Inter colours
I'm afraid my book doesn't list that code (several similar, though). Mine's a Dulux book. Maybe someone has a Berger book? We did a thread on this a while back where I scanned the paint chips in, but I don't have all the years.

Hard to tell in the picture, is that light blue, or green?

I'll see if I can find a link to the old thread.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #165955 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Inter colours
To my Old Dodgy Eyes (just ask Billyp ;) ) It looks a similar colour to an old Sydney County Council Truck..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by hayseed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Merrick

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #165967 by Merrick
Replied by Merrick on topic Inter colours

hayseed wrote: To my Old Dodgy Eyes (just ask Billyp ;) ) It looks a similar colour to an old Sydney County Council Truck..

Hey you may be on to something! - The guy I bought it off said it originally belonged to Botany Bay City Council!
The bumper is that same dark charcoal too.

@asw - it's light green.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #165968 by Merrick
I knew I came to right place.

I just googled Sydney Council truck green and that took me to a Holden forum where a guy was saying apparently all Sydney Council vehicles were painted this green from the 1960s, and it's called Silver Pine Green.

So I googled 'Silver Pine Green code 448' and it takes me here

So that's a start, I still need to find a book with a listing so I can have the paint made up.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #165969 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Inter colours
This is like I remember the colour a bit lighter than the council vehicle, a bit lighter colour, maybe it's a bit faded like my memory

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcwDYafRj1Eqoq2W2YPK2opF0jEp0iAsMXEn7GqYjl67Gtcg-aSQ

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Mairjimmy. Reason: to add

More
8 years 4 months ago #165981 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Inter colours
Mairjimmy, I think that, that light green was a IH factory Paint Colour.

Merrick, I remember The SCC vehicles being that shade of Green right up until the Mid/late '80's.
There's also being a very Comprehensive series of Articles in the VTCM magazine on the evolution of IH Trucks in Australia.
Try your local Library & see if they have them..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
8 years 4 months ago #165985 by Merrick
Thanks for that.
Alas no libraries in SA (I'm a Librarian) have VTCM magazine, although I have quite a few in my own collection at home which I've not looked back through in some time. I'll check 'em out.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #166000 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic Inter colours
I had an ex sydney county council car the green is called silverpine I think is was a dulux colour, they had Dodges to most of them were T bar autos with the 245 engine your truck is definitely EX SCC I used to live in Gladesville in Sydney and when you went into the city via Victoria Rd the SCC garage was at Glebe and you see them going in and coming out all the time and after hours they would be parked out in the yard when I bought my car I had to go to the workshop to inspect it and put in the tender form did I happen to mention it was a 1974 Leyland Marina Coup'e with auto trans oh the stupidity of youth and I paid way to much they seen me coming

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by oldgmc.

More
8 years 4 months ago #166001 by ARmad90
Replied by ARmad90 on topic Inter colours
This site has copies of the original colour charts the dealership used to have youy just have to find your series colorcharts.oldinternationaltrucks.ca/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mairjimmy

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds