Skip to main content

8V92TA fitting to S2

More
7 years 3 months ago #179535 by Gaz92
8V92TA fitting to S2 was created by Gaz92
Hi
Has anyone seen a 8V92 fitted to a S2, I have both, not sure if I should rebuild the original 6V92T or carry on with the 8V92, as with all these projects the restoration gets bigger and more expensive, I'm not sure if I'll run out of years or money first, so might have to re evaluate the whole project

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #179537 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic 8V92TA fitting to S2
Money and time are not Infinite it's how much you want it and how much your willing to invest if we all sat down and started putting numbers together nothing would happen so just do, restoration is not a rational process

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by oldgmc.

More
7 years 3 months ago #179541 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic 8V92TA fitting to S2

oldgmc wrote: Money and time are not Infinite it's how much you want it and how much your willing to invest if we all sat down and started putting numbers together nothing would happen so just do, restoration is not a rational process

that sounds about right to me but as my Grand father always said "ya cant take it with ya as the worms get in it and chew holes thru it" dunno if still applies to plastic money

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 3 months ago #179548 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic 8V92TA fitting to S2
That's right too Paul, as for the plastic money it would just go brittle and disintegrate

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
7 years 3 months ago #179556 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic 8V92TA fitting to S2
8/92 into an S2, must be a tight squeeze? Bit bigger overall than a 903???

More
7 years 3 months ago #179564 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic 8V92TA fitting to S2
I'm not trying to be funny, but I think you would end up building a SAR. The 692 sits pretty well against the cab, but there is a little room between the front of the engine and the radiator. If you can modify the front engine mount to accommodate the extra length, you might get away with it.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #179567 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic 8V92TA fitting to S2
It's been done, I recall a yellow and white one on trucksales a few years ago. If you look around a lot of S2's have varying heights of spacers under the bonnet and cab mounts.

But just 'cos you can doesn't mean you should .......
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by jimbo51.

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds