Skip to main content

1955 International AR148 Truck

More
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #839 by robo

Hi I am starting a restoration project on the above 1955 International AR148 Truck. At the moment I am working on the trucks motor, which is a Silver Diamond. I was wondering about availability of parts and gaskets for this motor and the most likely places to get them from and inquire about them.

Regards Bob
Last edit: 16 years 3 months ago by robo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #840 by bparo
Bob,

You will find a lot of the parts are common to later models. If you have the Lucus distrubutor I would replace it with the later Bosh unit as the distrubutor caps are fairly hard to get. (I have done this to my 1955 AR162 - see the tray rebuild thread).

If you have problems obtaining gaskets let me know.

bparo

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

16 years 3 months ago #841 by
Bob,

Bparo is right. Inter (thankfully) used similar parts through out there building programs. For example my AB inter during repairs I used ACCO, C series and even dodge components. All very identical.

For the AB many of my parts are picked up from main stream truck part places even International itself (IVECO) not sure of the AR but sure many of the mechanical parts would be common with later models.

Especially if you go to truck part supplier that still has the old parts books as many of these will allow them to trace equivalent part numbers.

On a side note on my old 1954 Thornycroft I found that it didn't have any fuel filters in it when I got it. I found however a very old one in the truck. Was in good external condition but looked like an original. I took it to a local parts place where they asked the normal question what is it out of to which I replied you don't want to know! They were able using the part number on the filter to find the current modern replacement. At that moment I then told them what it was from to their amazement!

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds