Skip to main content

LED vs Old Globe out put comparison

More
2 years 3 months ago #231281 by cobbadog
I made sure that the trailer and caravan can be towed by both Lorry 24v and Bongo 12v. SO was very careful when buying the LED lights

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
2 years 3 months ago #231283 by BillyP
.As i recall ????????
The poms flasher units that they used in their trucks were called interrupters ,presumedly because they interrupted the current
regardless of the current load to get the blinkers flashing....................would that be right ?????????.........
......................Billy.....................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

More
2 years 3 months ago #231299 by IHScout
Another thing to note when replacing old globes with LEDs in brake, tail and indicator lights (if you are using the original lenses) is that LED white light generally has a narrower spread of the light spectrum so a white LED globe ing a red brake light for example will look more white than red when shining through a red lens. So you really should buy an LED coloured to suit the function eg a red LED for a brake light globe. I read this on another forum and initially didn't believe it, so bought both red and white globes for the brake/taillight on my Scout. There is a definite difference between the two, and while the white globe is quite bright, the fact that it doesn't look very red may mean that it is less visible in some instances eg in bright sunlight.

Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, Mrsmackpaul

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds