Skip to main content

kalgoorlie to melbourne

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26680 by chippa63
off to kalgoorlie i go to pick up Ford F700 , now yes i could have got one closer but what the heck just think of the adventure!!!! got a qoute to move it 5k :( Never mind i have a lot of time and i will need it.

Jimmy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26681 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: kalgoorlie to melbourne
Be careful over there Jimmy. The ground moves. Camp in a tent to be safe...... ;D

Keep old inters alive.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26682 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: kalgoorlie to melbourne
I thought the ground moving was just the F700 starting! ;)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

14 years 4 weeks ago #26683 by
Replied by on topic Re: kalgoorlie to melbourne
Expect plenty of stories and photos on return!

Good luck!

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26684 by Old AB
How much fuel do you think she will use on the return trip across the padock. Carry a jerry can Jimmy, Just in case...... :)

Keep old inters alive.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26685 by kennymopar2
thats what you mite have to do ..if you want to travel overnite and the truck only has a small tank? & some servos will be closed . . what donk has the F700 got a 300 6cyl or a V8 ?

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26686 by GM Diesel
When you get there if you have any gold teeth keep your mouth closed :D

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26687 by chippa63
I will have extra fuel on board, i am sure the 300 6cyl will like a drink if its like my old girl at home. only travelling by day, i have a brother who has a heavy haulage truck on standby should i break down.

14 years 3 weeks ago #26688 by
Replied by on topic Re: kalgoorlie to melbourne
Don't worry about the servos being closed .. worry about how much Vaseline you need to take if you have to fuel up anywhere along the big paddock. Last time I went across, I fuelled up at Penong, heading West .. and as far apart as possible from anywhere there on. My one-tonner has the standard 72 litre petrol tank, and holds 75 litres of LPG as well. I also took 2 jerrycans.

Diesel and petrol will be up to 40c-50c litre dearer once you leave Penong heading West, and the same amount once you leave Norseman heading East. Balladonia is about 20c-30c dearer, and it goes up from there. Three of the worst places were Caiguna, Cocklebiddy and Madura .. you'll need a LARGE jar of Vaseline if you have to stop at either of those places. Eucla and Madura prices aren't too bad, but their fuel prices are still 20-25c more, than at either Penong or Norseman.

If you're running LPG at all in anything, you'll wish you never fitted it. The rorters on the Nullarbor consider LPG a prime rort. You will pay up to $1 a litre for LPG between Caiguna and Nullarbor roadhouse.
Make sure everything is in shipshape condition, the candy cars hammer that road, because it's the ONLY road, and you are a prime target. Don't even think about speeding. They will stop you for anything if you look even slightly suspect. Sometimes they will just put up roadblocks and check everyone .. and there's no slipping down a side street out there .. :D

Good luck with the trip .. take a tyre or two, you don't want to have to buy any tyres on the Nulla, either. Let us know who's making the best burgers and chips. Last time, it was Cocklebiddy, surprisingly ..

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26689 by Old AB
Just check the brand on the tyres Jimmy. Dont drive if they are Dunlops mate. They dont like the heat.

Keep old inters alive.

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds