Skip to main content

kalgoorlie to melbourne

More
14 years 1 month ago #26690 by kennymopar2
from memory my old ford with the 300ci canadian 6 used a little over 30l per 100kms ..could be a expensive trip if fuel is expensive could cost anywhere up to $50 for every 100kms of pavement you pound ..but also as already said take a couple of spare tyres & pop into supercrap auto grab some emergency water/fuel hoses etc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #26691 by 600Dodge
Don't bother with supercrap in Kalgoorlie, it is one of the most poorly stocked and poorly organised auto parts places Ive ever been in. If you need auto parts in Kalgoorlie try the Blue castle or Auto one, they are next door to each other about 3 blocks south from supercrap down Boulder road.

More
14 years 1 month ago #26692 by wouldyou
Hello Jimmy, Our F 700 could do 12 mpg with 24 ft strap trailer & no load, the fuel tank behind seat holds 15 gallons. Looked at speedo today, it has done 99805 miles since 1967 and we paid $2700 for it with trailer in '68. Truck now has a seed & super bin on it and is used on farm for a couple of weeks each year. David.

More
14 years 1 month ago #26693 by chippa63
would someone like to hazard a guess as to how much in fuel this trip could cost me? Kalgoorlie to Mildura????

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 1 month ago #26694 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: kalgoorlie to melbourne

Chippz
GuddayM8

the computer sez tiz 2485k'z Kalgoorlie - Mildura n drive n time tiz 30.1/3 hours
but spose depends if U pass the pubs or call in for a wee sip
LOL

Clik here for the Route planer to check it out u'reself
LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 1 month ago #26695 by kennymopar2
id say to much ! but at a guess around (or close to ) 30l-100kms . .so if 30 litres averages out to cost you say $1.40 a litre x 30 =$42 for every 100kms
so the 2500kms would cost . . .over $1000 + many cans of spam for the trip . .

More
14 years 1 month ago #26696 by chippa63
i could live with $1000 still cheaper than freighting it back. My wife want s to come with me im sure she will be in for a trip she wont ever forget

More
14 years 1 month ago #26697 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: kalgoorlie to melbourne
Good on yu Jimmy, I take my wife with me to when i go on a trip. Just saves me kissin her goodbuy. Can give a bit of advice though mate, Make her do half the driving. She wont come next time...... LOL......

Keep old inters alive.

More
14 years 1 month ago #26698 by kennymopar2
my missus has come on a few roadtrips with me ..once in the middle of winter i had a full truck + even stuff in the cab ..i was that tired 3am in the morning i just put a few blankets down beside the truck ..at least i had someone to keep me warm ;) im lucky my missus can do the hard yards and camp under the stars without turning into a 6V53 :D

14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #26699 by
Replied by on topic Re: kalgoorlie to melbourne
Chippa - You will end up at least around the $1000 mark for fuel. Kennys figures are heavy on the fuel consumption, but light on the pricing.
You won't average $1.40 a litre, I can tell ya that! .. :D
ULP is currently $1.35 - $1.38 in Kal .. its $1.41 - $1.43 in Norseman .. and it will be up to $1.80 or $1.85 across the Nulla.
Your average fuel price will be more like $1.60 a litre. You can check on fuel prices to Norseman, here ..

www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au

(click on "Price search" -> "Quick Search" -> "ULP" -> Goldfields-Esperance" under "Country Region" ..)

.. after Norseman, it's open slather for roadhouse owners .. they are like crows picking a carcass as ya drive past .. ;D

Dunno about that map of Swishys, it looks a bit suss to me. I can tell ya, it's 2200 kms almost exactly, from Kal to Adelaide .. and I've always found the best route to Mildura was South from Pt Augusta down the main drag to Crystal Brook .. then cut off across country, to Burra and Waikerie. It's a lonely road, but quite a good road, and it cuts off a lot of kliks when you're heading South East from Pt Augusta.

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds