Skip to main content

1950 Custom Dodge

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #28708 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
Holy crap, nice D-type. Anyone know who owns it?

Maybe the owner of this truck might be able to help. Picture taken at Bacchus Marsh Calleja Show

Trevor

Awesome little Dodge too. Really something different. Great find Stacey and Troy.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Andy Wright.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #28709 by staceandtroy
Replied by staceandtroy on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
there is no information on this truck in the world availabe as far as im concernd now, i cant believe it

More
13 years 11 months ago #28710 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
Its ironic really, a photographers van but nobody ever took a photo of it !

13 years 11 months ago #28711 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
Found these on the site that Cunning Stunt mentioned. What a great site could spend hours looking.

Looking at these next 2 pictures it looks like a D series Inter so after Late 30's

This one is at Point Cook RAAF base in 1956

Trevor

More
13 years 11 months ago #28712 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
Loved the posted in left window "Bluey & Curley, have'nt seen any of their comic strips in yonks. Brings back a memory or 2 Tim ;D

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
13 years 11 months ago #28713 by staceandtroy
I spoke to the guy who bought it off the HErald Sun and he said it was built for the Herald and Weekly Times, one of, and used as a photographers lab basically, for all the major race meets, they would take the pics, develop and get them off real quick so they would get in the sporting globe paper. They sold it as they didn't have a need for it anymore, he thinks he bought it around 25yrs ago and said its a shame to see it in such a bad condition as it is a collectors item as far as he is concerned, so a little more info anyway.... keep on trying, he said if he gets a chance one day he will see if he can hunt down a photo of it somewhere.... thanks everyone once again, you have all been very helpful... very hard to beleive that it is so hard to find one photo of it.... a day of celebration when we do find one!!!!

More
13 years 11 months ago #28714 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
As onetrack said earlier, the paper and/or the current paper's company must surely have some pretty extensive archives - assuming you haven't asked them yet.

The state library might also be somewhere to try?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
12 years 10 months ago #28715 by staceandtroy
Hi...
Just giving an update that we still have not been able to find any original photographs of this truck, I have been in contact with everyone I think I can possible try. The Herald Sun older generation journalists say they remember but cant find a picture.
We have not started the rebuild yet, but we did rub some paint off the top platform to reveal some sign writing ' The SUN news pictorial' on one side and 'The Herald' on the other side.
Hope someone might find a pic one day soon
Thanks once again for all the info people have posted, its a fun and frustrating hunt!

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds