Skip to main content

1950 Custom Dodge

13 years 11 months ago #28698 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
Maybe the owner of this truck might be able to help. Picture taken at Bacchus Marsh Calleja Show

Trevor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #28699 by disco
Replied by disco on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
Stace and Troy ,sittng wth an ol mate who can remeber these trucks, there was cargo netting on drivers side and that box on the roof is where thet put there advertising banners for the Hearld/Sun/Weekly Times and there was window on left 4 the news headlines and no he does'nt have any photos

More
13 years 11 months ago #28700 by staceandtroy
Replied by staceandtroy on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
Thanks everyone for all this information and help, we might be getting closer to finding a pic of it, and yes set back to its original glory so we can take pics/ video and car/truck shows would be great...
its hard to beleive that after hours of researching everything we can't come up with a pic.. the previous owner before us doesn't have alot to tell us, he did say that he threw out some photography stuff out of the back, he bought it from Bill Slatterys Truck & Bus Sales but they have not been able to help us either.
Model Number - DE2 - 26, weight we think it saids 7500
Did you want me to send some more pics through?
Steering column is under the dash.
3 speed on floor
Flat head 6 motor
Dual Back wheels
We have found one old photo that looks very similar but still not it....

Thanks all once again, fingers crossed somone is going to have something on this truck

More
13 years 11 months ago #28701 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
2-26 2 tonner 126" wheel base with 16" wheels. With the steering column under the dash its a Canada export truck and put together here by Chrysler Australia. I maybe wrong but with the 3 speed box it would have been column shift. There is a guy on this forum who goes by the name Tony West OZ is a full bottle on these old trucks www.moparmarketforum.com/forum/index.php

More
13 years 11 months ago #28702 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge

2-26 2 tonner 126" wheel base with 16" wheels. With the steering column under the dash its a Canada export truck and put together here by Chrysler Australia. I maybe wrong but with the 3 speed box it would have been column shift. There is a guy on this forum who goes by the name Tony West OZ is a full bottle on these old trucks and is on the truck part a fair bit. www.moparmarketforum.com/forum/index.php

More
13 years 11 months ago #28703 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
Yes, 7500 lbs sounds right ,making it a two tonner. Is there access from the cab to that place on the roof, or signs of an external ladder? May have also been fitted with two way radio.

More
13 years 11 months ago #28704 by staceandtroy
Replied by staceandtroy on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
How do I get in contact with Tony West? We are new to this site and forums, thanks.
We are needing a pic of the truck and info as we need to get it registered, once we have done alot of work to it, thanks once again
Stacey

More
13 years 11 months ago #28705 by doc
Replied by doc on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
At a glance i would say it's a 233 model , 1948-1950 year the chassie number will tell the model on the LHS just in front of the wheel . as we all know the it would have been sold as a cab chassie and sent to the coachbuilder for the rear end by the dealer. Looks lots of fun will be had by all to put it back on the road.

More
13 years 11 months ago #28706 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
If you want to email me that photo you have found I will put it up. You can register a vehicle like this on club plates by joining the HCVC or another motoring club.

More
13 years 11 months ago #28707 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: 1950 Custom Dodge
Hi Stacey, big project!! Try finding a pic on this website - www.pictureaustralia.org/about/index.html - and type in 'Herald Sun', 'Newspaper' or 'Dodge Truck' in the search engine. Good luck with the project.

Some play hard to get

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds