Skip to main content

1959 Dodge Truck

More
13 years 10 months ago #30905 by caveman
1959 Dodge Truck was created by caveman
Please help with more information on A3-59D Dodge Truck. Hope photo is attached for I am computer illiterate.
Thank you

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/cavemann74/th_DODGETRUCK.jpg?t=1277728986
The following user(s) said Thank You: towball
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 10 months ago #30906 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: 1959 Dodge Truck
These were a Canadian design assembled by Chrysler in Adelaide prior to the Australian AT4 models. Should have a petrol six of 250 Cubic inch 4 speed box and carry about 3 ton
More
13 years 10 months ago #30907 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: 1959 Dodge Truck
These trucks are based on the 1948-53 American Dodge trucks. Chrysler Australia chose to run with the cab and it was used through to 1962. Early trucks were assembled out of Canada. Aussie cabs have the steering column coming through the dash, where the Canadian cabs the steering column comes under the dash. However in 1955 Chrysler Australia went its own way and it was given a makeover with new front and one piece windscreen and push button door handles. This cab was updated a few more times before the end of its use. The twin headlight model is the last of them and is unique to Australia. Engine will be the 251 kew built job (English Dodge) with the cabs and chassis made here. Chrysler had been making the cabs and Adelaide and also was building the International cabs as well. I looked at a AS Series Inter the other day and there is a lot the same in the cabs.
More
13 years 10 months ago #30908 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: 1959 Dodge Truck
Similar cab to the Aussie R 190 arn't they?
More
13 years 10 months ago #30909 by atkipete
I think it might have similar features but not the same cab, eg the Dodge has 3 back windows the Inter one. Unless Chrysler made a local version that would suit either truck with a few modifications.
More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #30910 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: 1959 Dodge Truck
Floor, seat base, dash panel, roof, windscreen and inside of the doors all looked the same as well as door handles window winders, swiches and interior light were the same. Chrysler made these cabs here for Inter along with is own cabs for Dodges
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Hardtopman.
More
13 years 10 months ago #30911 by bigcam
Your right Pete, they look like they use similar preesings around the windscreen and turret, though the Dodge has 3 back windows, and the 190 2, the doors are different as well.
More
13 years 10 months ago #30912 by atkipete
I think in both cases, the front clip was imported, maybe the doors also. Here is an AS and a Dodge

Would the windscreens be the same?
More
13 years 10 months ago #30913 by bigcam
Here,s a couple from the back

More
13 years 10 months ago #30914 by atkipete
Is that Inter an R or an AR ? Some of the R190s had an Aussie cab, some were imported.
Time to create page: 0.632 seconds