Skip to main content

1959 Dodge Truck

More
13 years 10 months ago #30915 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: 1959 Dodge Truck
The back of the Inter Cab looks the same as the one on my AR

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 10 months ago #30916 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: 1959 Dodge Truck

I think in both cases, the front clip was imported, maybe the doors also. Here is an AS and a Dodge

Would the windscreens be the same?

The green dodge is a 1955 model, this was the first of the updated cab with the one piece windscreen. The grill looks the same as the new 1955 American truck fitted on the early cab. This had the nose cone of the 1948-51 but with the newer 1955 grill. I think this was a Chrysler Australia only nose cone as the Americans had moved onto a new nose cone and bonnet in 1952 and then all new truck in 1955. The later cabs have the push button door handles and also the strikers are changed to a more modern set up. i think along with the cars Chrysler Australia was building at the time, the truck were based on older american designs that the aussies were stuck with for economy of scale reasons and just updated the old trucks/cars. The last of the Chrysler royal in 1962 was based on the 1953 Plymouth with a lot of odd ball local pressings to fit later american fronts and backs to the early body. I feel they did the same with the trucks, the last of them with the twin head light front is a aussie only stamping and could have only been done here.
More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #30917 by Hardtopman
Here it is from 1953 Chrysler Australia was producing all body panels here. Check out number 7 on there brochure

Here is a link to a heap more on these old unique aussie trucks
www.dodgepilothouseclub.org/garage/garage.htm
A Perth guy has has put all this together, have met Tony and he is a full bottle on these trucks.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Hardtopman.
More
13 years 5 months ago #30918 by truck boy
Replied by truck boy on topic Re: 1959 Dodge Truck
I have one of these, and i can not find the chassis number, it is not on the left chassis rail near front spring hanger like some early ones. Has anybody got any idea where it is? The Body number is A5732-293 and the model serial number is 226-D 230 what do these numbers meen. It was a tow truck and owned by a large pluming company in Melbourne that had a large fleet of Fargo vans in the 50s & 60S. Dose any know the name of that company? As i have no engine Vic Roads has no record of it. It was registered with a 313 polly v8 and the rego was tow 123 or 321 The fleet colours were blue. It was sold to Weaver panels In Donald and painted orange and later red. Any information welcome.Thanks.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #30919 by doc
Replied by doc on topic Re: 1959 Dodge Truck
reply to truck boy. The model number on the firewall plaque is the chassis number. On my 233 dodge the chassis number is on top of the chassis next to the front crossmember where the engine mount on to . The A5732-** is a mystery to me so far . I would assume that the chassis number is "A "Australia "2" two ton and the "33" 133 inch wheelbase and the following numbers the number of the model built as mine has only 2 digits
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by doc.
More
13 years 4 months ago #30920 by truck boy
Thanks Doc, i found the chassis number and it is A235D-2-113. I have no idea what it all means but hopefully Vic road may be able to find the truck in their records. Thanks again and i will keep you posted
More
13 years 4 months ago #30921 by truck boy
Thanks Doc, i found the chassis number and it is A235D-2-113. I have no idea what it all means but hopefully Vic road may be able to find the truck in their records. Thanks again and i will keep you posted
More
13 years 4 months ago #30922 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: 1959 Dodge Truck
Well I think it is a two tonner, is there a plate on the firewall on passenger side ?
More
13 years 4 months ago #30923 by Hardtopman
I think that 5 you have there is a 3 and its a 233 2 tonner 133" wheel base. Is this truck a single head light front with one large bar in the grill???
More
13 years 4 months ago #30924 by truck boy
It has the plate on the left side, body number is A57 32-293 serial number is 226-D 230. Maybe the D is duel wheels. i am pretty sure the third digit is 5 as it's not the same stamp as the 3. It has twin head lights with the pressed tin grill. I wonder how anybody would find this stuff without the internet.Thanks again for the interest
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds