Skip to main content

Inter Quarter window rubber

More
15 years 9 months ago #2226 by GM Diesel
Maybe im doing something wrong but I cant seem to find the post from Podge with the contact in Bridgewater ? with the Inter quarter window rubbers. Can anyone help or Podge would you mind posting the details again. Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2227 by podge66
;) Hi Barry l rang Bridgewater yesterday and he has sold all his rubbers. l will check tomorrow at Clark rubber if they have any for you. Clark rubber had a list on some vehicles and did have the rubbers . l will let you know. Podge.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2228 by GM Diesel
Thanks Podge

More
15 years 9 months ago #2229 by duncan_m

I expect you've already tried them.. but there's also Scotts Old Auto Rubber:

www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/

And in Adelaide I buy all my Bedford rubber from Fitch the Rubber Man:

www.fitchtherubberman.com.au/

Dunc.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2230 by GM Diesel
Thanks Duncan. Tried both of them with no luck.
Colin from fitch the rubber man did give me some ideas on how to get around the problem though.
The expensive part of reproducing any rubber parts is the molds. I have access to a six axis mill so im going to have a crack at machining the molds for the rubbers to suit the injection machine myself. If I can do this we can make the rubbers quiet inexpensive. There are alot of L,R and S Inter owners with the Aus cab that are after these rubbers so I think it is worth having a crack at. The hardest part is going to be drawing the rubbers in 3D to enable programing the mill.
Barry

More
15 years 9 months ago #2231 by duncan_m

The hardest part is going to be drawing the rubbers in 3D to enable programing the mill.
Barry

Lately I've been doing a lot of 3D work in Google's free "Sketchup" tool.. it might not be sophisticated enough for the task and I have no idea what format your mill expects?.. But its an awesome piece of software..

You can find it here:

sketchup.google.com/

Cheers, Dunc.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2232 by GM Diesel
Duncan, our CNC machines run on an autoCAD based program called mech desk top. All our mech engineers and drafties use this program.
Do the drawing in the design office and save to the machine shop server then the CNC machine picks the drawing up digitally and programs itself. One of the guys here recently machined a double overhead cam cylinder head out of a solid billet of aluminium on the mill for a speedway engine so I reckon a mold for an inter rubber shouldnt be hard. Barry

More
15 years 9 months ago #2233 by Andy Wright
So do you guys build any boats there or what?! :D

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 9 months ago #2234 by GM Diesel
Occasionally in between mag wheels.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2235 by podge66
Hi Barry l went to Clark rubber the other day and the guy there got onto Spectrum Rubber. They say they have a rubber avaible to do the job. Clark rubber have supplied these vent window rubbers before for the Australian cab. Terry Lowe told us for one of our customers and he got them and used them. l dont know if the rubber l got told about is right for our cabs are Americian. Podge.

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds