Skip to main content

kenworth s2 tipper build

More
13 years 4 months ago #36673 by Stew70
Replied by Stew70 on topic Re: kenworth s2 tipper build
Assessor. Seeing your truck transform has been great for all of us to see.

Your efforts so far have been truely brilliant. It would be a shame for you to leave the forum without continuing the story.

I am busting to see the next installment.

So please, come back and keep entertaining us with your work on the S2 and valued forum chat.

Stew. :) :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 3 months ago #36674 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: kenworth s2 tipper build

Ass S R
Gudday M8

Must B time for sum happy snaps update
U kno the deal

GiveTillItHurtz
LOL
Thanx in advance
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #36675 by
Replied by on topic Re: kenworth s2 tipper build
Iam going to try and fix this topic up,and re add some pic,s for the new blokes,and the regular fellas that want to look at the build up of my S2, wont be exactly the same but i will try ........ brought the truck in tassie of kenworthc500,s dad....came over on toll shipping and i drove it home from webb dock

This is pretty much the photo i brough the truck from

With the body on ready for the trip to bernie

The drive home down the monash [drove pretty good]

When i brought the truck a deal was done on a tipper body, so ricky sat the body on the back, chained it on, and he drove it sixty odd km,s to bernie dock for me
[good one ricky! thanks mate]

from webb dock, i drove it home, liffed off the body and stripped it back to basic,s to set it up as a tipper

At home

tipper off

In the shed with the guards stripped off!

once things were stripped everything was steam cleaned, and i decided i would fitt a full set of buds, a subframe for the tipper had to be made, and new brakes ,etc

subframe

Made up an oil tank out of a old lpg tank

set of kw 904 buds waiting

Fitting front buds, i converted the front brakes to 5" over the old 4 3/8 ones, new linings, rollers, s-cams,bearings, slacks and boosters

picked up a cheap Texas bar

After looking high and low for some raycor shutters a decided to make my own s/s shutter grill

Young bloke home on leave, likes the old jigga!!!
[stick to flying jets mate,more pay!]

Brought a 13" drop visor from the states and fitted up the rear buds, new brakes ,drums,rollers,s-cams,spring brakes, bearings ,slack adjusters, and a set of vortex air cleaners to replace the rusty ones!

More
13 years 3 months ago #36676 by paul404
She's still looking good there old mate ;) ;) ;)

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #36677 by
Next my attention swung over to the tipper body, so it was dragged in the shed, on close inspection it needed a whole new front, the back wasn't that great either, the body was braced and i took the front out and made a new bizloy one

front out

new one in, i thought i would make a tapered back board like the old hamilex style, to suit the old truck more!

once the front was finished, i attacked the rear end. i decided to shorten it 300mm and completly replace everything in bizoy. i picked up a great s/h bizloy gate and shorted it in height, 200mm to suit the body, while i was at it, i fitted a new two way kit

things were finished off and the body was sat on the sub-frame

Next i fabbed up some "old school hamilex guards keeping in the style i thought would look right on the S2. rope-rails and steps "were gettin there1

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #36678 by
The body, is close to finished by this stage, pivot point, rear gate locks,air ram, and hydraulics next

all the body now done, final touchs to hydrulics, fit pto, re-seal hoist, pipe up the controls, in the mean time my vintage bugs arived from the states, eyebrows for the headlights and were nearly ready for the teardown for paint and polish

ok theres the quick re-cap i will squeeze a few more in here and there, soon :)

cheers Adam

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #36679 by
Another job out the way today! fabbed up some tow points for the bar and mounted it all up! other wise come winter, that bar wont last, first time she,s bogged and now where to pull on...........see ya later texas bar, there only made of paper :D......... now she,s starting to look like a tipper!!!

Cheers Adam

More
13 years 3 months ago #36680 by Adrian
Replied by Adrian on topic Re: kenworth s2 tipper build
Adam,
She's lookin' mighty fine! Your handywork (tipper rebuild etc.) is incredible. Old school style rebuild is a real credit to you. Can't wait for the next installment.
Adrian.
8-)

13 years 3 months ago #36681 by
Thanks mate, kind of you to say so!

Cheers Adam

More
13 years 3 months ago #36682 by Fuller-Vit
Adam
Me be thinkin your talents are wasted ownin and drivin fer a livin.
reckon theres a few blokes in fact a lot of blokes who would pay handsomely for your handywork.
When do you estimate that your project will be on the road and makin you some loot ?
Cheers Adam and all the best with the rest of your work on the old girl.

In the beginning God created Seddon and ERF

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds