More
13 years 6 months ago #36573 by jai
Replied by jai on topic Re: kenworth s2 tipper build
stick with the white paint mate maybe a little scroll work. looking good

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36574 by Stew70
Replied by Stew70 on topic Re: kenworth s2 tipper build
Yeah I agree. Re-paint it white and keep the chassis red.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36575 by kenworthC500
Paint it like this mate

More
13 years 5 months ago #36576 by Assessor
Ok bissloy is here time to continue with the body, dragged into the shed this morning, got it leveled up on blocks. time to attack. on a closer inspection the whole front is r@@ted so out it comes and a new front will be made! this is where i got to today!

Something else arrived today as well, complete set of rear buds with alloy spigot's off a T908 Donor, better hide these in the shed,mrs will shoot me if she knew what ive spent this week!! ;) ;)

More
13 years 5 months ago #36577 by Stew70
Replied by Stew70 on topic Re: kenworth s2 tipper build
Great work. The trucks coming along well. Cant wait to see more. Keep the pics comin.

Stew.

More
13 years 5 months ago #36578 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: kenworth s2 tipper build
Adam, the sides look good, and the floor looks OK, are they Bisalloy? Did they put a Lyten or mild front in it? Pity your not a bit closer to home, we've got a mountain of Hardox off cuts. It looks like it'll come up looking all right. I've never seen the V pressings accross the front before, looks a bit like welding rock rails in.

More
13 years 5 months ago #36579 by Assessor
The sides and the floor aren't to bad cam, not bizloy though, there double lined, duno what was the go with the front though, think its an early attempt at a rock style body, wish you could email me some of that hardox,iam doing the body on a bit of a budget! if it wasn't straight in the sides and floor, i probably would have turfed it,but i brought it of Ricky,with the PTO and valve/controls for $1500 so it worth spending a few bucks on it, as you know cam a new bin isn't cheap now! i like it cause its only 750mm high in the sides and we load a lot of curb and channel over the gate, with the small 7t excavator, so its awkward with big high body's. once i make my special mudguards ,blast it ,and put my new biz tailgate. the whole thing should be OK [well we shall see anyway] i think its an old Hercules rock body, originally came off a 190 inter, that one on eBay with the cat in it i think! so shes a vintage, i know its bl@@dy heavy that's for sure

Cheers Adam

More
13 years 5 months ago #36580 by Assessor
Ok stinken hot day! why not do a bit of welding lol, fronts finished, even made a simple old-school back board, i want to keep the body in a style suited to the old truck! this is like Hercules use to make back in the day! they were good, you could look in the mirror and see the load, not a big square ugly thingo!

now its on to the tailgate,cause that's r@@ted as-well :) :)

cheers Adam

More
13 years 5 months ago #36581 by theroadbossman
How sweet does that texas bar make it look!!!! droool, drool - not for the texas bar but for the bottle of jack sitting on the top rail in a leter pic :D
You are so right about the drop-away loading board ; the ability to see the load is just so much better BUT if'n ya do profiling make sure you have a spotter!
Like BigCam says - I bloody wish ya were closer - you would fit in just right up here with the beautiful historic truck for local tipper work AND you could do some bin repairs on my bin! Just joking Ad, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy mate. ;D
A full set of bud wheels - sheez gunna kill ya when she finds out!
How about a few new piccies mate
cheers and great work
Bretto ;)

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

More
13 years 5 months ago #36582 by Assessor
Yeah i gotta do some new pic,s bretto, i busted my camera the other day, well left it on the track of the excavator and run over it ,would be more accurate! but i will get on to a newy soon! :)
Cheers Adam

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds