Skip to main content

Diamond Reo, to be or not to be??

More
12 years 4 months ago #43037 by truckin-des
Hi norcoast, yes it is like bigcam has suggested and my experience is aerated fuel will do this to you. so add more diesel and check pick-up lines or joints. good luck.

keep on truckin-des

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #43038 by newto
run the fuel line from the pump straight into a bucket of fuel (eliminates air suction leaks between pump and tank) and try that...if still slow to return try it with no linkages attached to the pump (work the throttle by hand) if its still slow then its probably the seals in the pump are shot......unless.....it runs on and takes a while to shut down once the key is off (then its probably an injector check ball or oring.
if you've checked all that and its still slow to return and its got the tacho shaft mount in the main body then where the cable goes pack it with grease.

let me know what you find,

newto

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #43039 by
hey newto dus your surname start with O

as in newto onetrack! :D :D ;D ;D ;) ;)

More
12 years 4 months ago #43040 by norcoast
Thanks for the info BigCam/Truckin-des/newto, sounds logical as i noticed air pockets in the temporary clear plastic fuel return line, so the air was commin from somewhere?
Only problem now is that im out at work for another 3 weeks and I cant try anything :-?

More
12 years 4 months ago #43041 by newto

hey newto dus your surname start with O

as in newto onetrack! :D :D ;D ;D ;) ;)

hmmm....i'm a little slow.....not sure i got that?
thinkin' maybe too much info in one hit?

More
12 years 4 months ago #43042 by newto

Thanks for the info BigCam/Truckin-des/newto, sounds logical as i noticed air pockets in the temporary clear plastic fuel return line, so the air was commin from somewhere?
Only problem now is that im out at work for another 3 weeks and I cant try anything :-?

bubbles in the return are normal....cant remember exact figure but something like 70% of the fuel from the pump to the injectors is used to cool the injectors so you'll always get air mixed in with the returning un-used fuel.
newto

12 years 4 months ago #43043 by
Detective, ya can't beat newto when it comes to Cummins! I reckon the man must sleep with Cummins manuals for pillows!! :D ;D ;D ;D

12 years 4 months ago #43044 by
sorry about that newto the onetrack part was only because you pair are extremely (to me) knowledgable and good value to the forum .

absolutely no offence meant ;) ;)

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #43045 by newto

sorry about that newto the onetrack part was only because you pair are extremely (to me) knowledgable and good value to the forum .

absolutely no offence meant ;) ;)

maaaate,
i didn't take offence nor thought you meant any........i've probably had 1 too many sherbets tonight and answering many emails so just didn't think it thru totally......all good :-[ ;)
newto
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by newto.

More
12 years 4 months ago #43046 by newto

Detective, ya can't beat newto when it comes to Cummins! I reckon the man must sleep with Cummins manuals for pillows!! :D ;D ;D ;D

nahhhhh......i like soft pillows.....and grease free!!!

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds