Skip to main content

international d series manual

More
13 years 3 months ago #43520 by dbooth
Does anyone have access or know where I can get a workshop manual for a D series inter (345v8) need to rebuild the motor and would like to know any secrets/tricks in doing the job.
:-X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #43521 by IHScout
Hi Dbooth
I have a D line manual, but no engine section :( I had to get a separate manual for my Cummins engine. It took me ages to track down a manual and I paid almost as much as for the whole truck. You might be better off looking for an ACCO manual that includes the 345 engine. ACCO manuals aren't as rare and are therefore a lot cheaper.

Dennis

More
13 years 3 months ago #43522 by doc
Hi still looking for a workshop manual for your inter motor ? it was a seperate book from the cab chassie I happen to have one for all the petrol motor's. I got for an ACCO I had about 12 years ago I think it cost me $85.00 new (make an offer) I'll be in ballarat on this saturday looking at a gooseneck horsefloat with a mate . Your not that far away could meet up and you can the see before you buy give me call on 0419661928 regard Doc :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #43523 by ianoz
Hi Doc, He has not been online since he posted ,so you may be better off going to his profile and sending him an email . Ian .

More
13 years 3 months ago #43524 by doc
thanks Ian will do

13 years 3 months ago #43525 by
Replied by on topic Re: international d series manual
Doc - If you have no success with Dbooth, I'll take the manual off your hands. PM me with info regarding manual condition and what you're looking for, for it.

Cheers - Ron.

More
13 years 3 months ago #43526 by doc
well ! maybe I was sitting on a gold mine This little old book is in top condition But I've told Dbooth he can buy it . It covers the Inter petrol Motors 6-281,6-282,V304E,V-345 V-392
I will suggest to him to photo copy the book and then maybe more people could have the benefit of it . That way he could recover his costs Regards DOC

More
13 years 3 months ago #43527 by ossie
Hi Guy's this is the D line well back ute your talkin of ain't it?

Where would I post to find out value of such?

Old boss's one is up for-sale, need an idea of value:

1972 inline 6 petrol water injected & leaned out for economy, converted from colum 3 to (8t) 4 on the floor (120ks at original 2200 for 100kmh) on 16" singles.
Current NSW rego so has roadworthy's every year.
Good con, some cosmetic work needed to restore to new con, next to no rust (only surface) very original wellback, duel fuel tanks, 4wheel disc brakes.
Was used to cart drum of fuel & tools etc.
Boss as with all his trucks & machinery was very particular as to the way it was driven & it's servicing.

Cheers ossie

More info if needed.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #43528 by
Replied by on topic Re: international d series manual

Where would I post to find out value of such?

Ossie - Values are variable from region to region, and dependent on the number of buyers in your area.

There are utes like this that have sold for $2000, and others that sellers want $20,000 for.
You will get the best price in an area where heritage trucks are sought after, and where there's a high number of buyers (high density population areas).

If the ute is located back of Bourke, you can't expect the same $$'s as one located in the middle of a capital city.
Exposure, as in advertising exposure, is the way to ensure a satisfactory sale price.

eBay is regarded as having the best exposure to the biggest number of people. The next best is probably the Trading Post. You get best exposure by a combination of online and local paper advertising.

Most of these old Inter utes sell for around $500-1500 in poor, but restorable condition. One in good running order, and registered, would easily bring $4000-5000.
The utes are popular buys because they're relatively cheap to own and run.

Re the 4 speed .. are you saying that the change from 3 speed to the 4 speed, improved the overall gearing? This isn't normally the case, as Inter 3 & 4 speeds both have a direct top gear.
You would need to install an overdrive, or alter the rear axle ratio, to get improved gearing, and a reduction in engine RPM at hwy speeds.

Cheers - Ron.

More
13 years 3 months ago #43529 by ossie
The four spd was out of a 6 cyl petrol truck gvm of 8T don't know model bolted straight in, for the same revs as the 3 spd did at 100ks we clocked her at 120ks (speedo is out because of conversion) of course if you driven them this is not a good feel so from memory, from then on ran around 1800-1900rpm at 100ks.

Did all D's come with all wheel factory disc's?

Boss always thought it was a more scarce American Imported new. Maybe different spec's? Same looking cab as all the others.

I never saw another in the 12yrs I worked there. Northern NSW.

Unfortunately my old boss is now deceased but his wife is looking for a rough idea of what to put on it before putting it up forsale.

Nothing else around the same forsale to compare it to.

Cheers ossie

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds